Hopslist has launched!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianHL

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just thought I'd pop in to tell you about a site I launched a couple of weeks ago called Hoplist.

The concept is pretty basic, it's just a list of hops (duh), over 240 in fact, their analytical data and full descriptions. I got a bit tired of finding hop info strewn all over the net and figured it would be constructive to have everything in one place.

The site is intended to help increase brewers awareness of the huge variety of hops out there these days and to hopefully inspire people to try something a little bit different when it comes time to hop their next brew.

The site is completely free resource but in the interests of being completely transparent, our current stockist links (on about 50 varieties) contain some Amazon affiliate links (only really aimed at US-based folk for the moment). Proceeds from these links are going towards hosting and site development.

Anyways, it's just getting started so please join with me to help fill in any blanks and of course, feedback is always appreciated!

Hopefully you find it useful! :cheers:

Cheers,
Julian

I'd consider adding a row for additional flavour characteristics. Like Citra hops (among others) add a grapefruity flavour to beer. I know that some of them are a bit subjective but I think for some people (certainly myself) those flavours can be a reason for trying a hop (or beer) out

Agree with Drunken horse. I think this site has great potential, like yourself I like to see this sort of information compete and in one place. Definitely a :thumb: from me. I've bookmarked it. Thanks

As I'm branching out into extract brewing this couldn't have appeared at a better time.

I've bookmarked as well. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words fellas. Glad you approve.

Druken Horse, thanks for the tip adding characteristics to the table is definitely on the to-do list so keep your eyes peeled.

Fantastic idea, the site has been bookmarked and I see you have Aramis hops up there, you are up to date. I have been brewing with them and I have not been too chuffed with the results, I'll be sticking to the French grown Fuggles in the future.:drink:

I am new to extract brewing and this will come in very useful, thanks!

One thing which would help me, and maybe others, is recommended boiling times. For example I have seen that Apollo tends to be 30-60 mins boiling time but the likes of Simcoe is 0-15. Obviously just a guide but it might help?

Back