Steel tap kit for Burco boiler.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1892

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 30 litre Burco boiler and want to fit a steel tap to it so that I can connect a reinforced uPVC tube to it so I can add mash water to the tun without mess and sparge directly from the boiler. The boiler will be my HLT. I am trying to work out which tap will fit and wonder if anyone can help?

The hole for the tap is isnt circular. it is 26mm tall and 21mm wide with a curve at the top and bottom and straight vertical edges. The slightly recessed circular surround is 40mm diameter. (Please see attached photo).

Does anyone know what tap will fit this?

Thanks,
Michael.

photo (4).JPG

Let us know how you get on with this. I'm considering one as a christmas present to myself so I can start BIAB with it. I like the fact the element is concealed and it has a variable thermostat so could be used for mash and boil.

Does anyone know if this was resolved,I'm awaiting delivery on my 30l Burco boiler but will need to change the trap,also,Screwfix do a copper/brass ? Valve tap,will this do or would it have to be stainless steel?
Sorry for dumb questions.
Cheers

Ta mate,seems a bit pricey for a tap mind you,Screwfix do a copper/brass version for a fiver £24 v £5 only one winner but if only stainless will do so be it

I don't see why you cannot use a brass one, just most people prefer stainless, some state leaching, but nothing is in contact with it for long enough..

If the vertical sides on the opening are causing issues, just round out the opening and pop in a standard sized valve with a 1" bsp back nut.
Come to the conclusion that this forum + plus beer + internet shopping = Ooooops did i buy that last night, Bought a Burco myself so it turns out :lol:

If the vertical sides on the opening are causing issues, just round out the opening and pop in a standard sized valve with a 1" bsp back nut.
Come to the conclusion that this forum + plus beer + internet shopping = Ooooops did i buy that last night, Bought a Burco myself so it turns out :lol:

Did it fit the 26mm hole?

Cool, I wasn't able to find a 1/2" tap with 1" back, any chance you could post a link to one? Thanks

Back