TnT Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea, but will 2012 harvest hops still be ok?

On the bright side, I've used that eBay seller before and they were very good for delivery etc.

Never even heard of them.

I think you are better off with older harvest pellets rather than older harvest leaf, but having said that, 2012 is pretty old. I would certainly add a few IBUs to compensate for the age and reduced AA content.

Yep I used them in said pale ale, mine were 2012 harvest too and I was underwhelmed with them to be honest.
Ended up using 200g in that brew - all last 5mins/post boil, with a bit of sorachi ace for bittering.
They're not like the strong American fruity hops.

Last edited:
Yep I used them in said pale ale, mine were 2012 harvest too and I was underwhelmed with them to be honest.
Ended up using 200g in that brew - all last 5mins/post boil, with a bit of sorachi ace for bittering.
They're not like the strong American fruity hops.

I can't find the thread I mentioned earlier but I think that was the main thrust of the complaint against them. That they were severely lacking in flavour/aroma due to the age

I just picked some of these up in Edinburgh today. Planning to dry hop a pale ale with them and I'll post some feedback in a few weeks. The chaps in brewstore recommended using a lot of them as the red berry flavour is very subtle. Fingers crossed as the description sounds nice.

So I've just bottled the blonde beer which I used these hops in. I used 30g for a hop stand and 40g for dry hopping for 7 days. The taste was mainly citrusy, my girlfriend thought of lemons while I thought of it more as an orange taste. Can't taste the red berries to be honest. I think it'll turn out to be a nice beer, the hops aren't overly powerful and pungent so it should make for easy drinking. I'll crack one open in 2 weeks and see how they're doing.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back