Chrome

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am getting a warning message when trying to visit this site, is anyone else getting it? (its the eckraus.com site see links at bottom of post)

Warning " visiting this website may harm your computer!

Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to http://www.eckraus.com/blog/campden-tablets-what-they-can-and-cant-do at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems that we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.
Advisory provided by Google

Digging a little deeper -

ssssssss.jpg

Could members try the links below and see if you get the same warning, thanks.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...lfites&usg=AFQjCNFxEy2B62AB5CW5HAl27BG4izNdtg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...ant-do&usg=AFQjCNGYEEL9qiQmF_fdLs03JB6YlXnVkw

http://www.eckraus.com

I've tried the link, same result. If it's a genuine site perhaps their security certificate has expired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks glad its not just me, the site has been around for a long time so as you say there must be a problem with it.

I get the warnings as well on chrome and firefox I just ignore them and continue(for eckraus) not a problem so far but im not recommending you do that.
Use the Internet at your own risk :/
I think personally they must just have some certificate issues

As an IT manager I'd always be wary of clicking on links to sites that may be dangerous. :nono: I warn our users is they see something iffy then screenshot it and forward to the IT department, but don't send iffy links.

Other peoples security on their pc's may not be good enough to protect them.

I know of someone who forwarded a warning of a dodgy site to their other half at home. they clicked on the link, unfortunately their default browser at home was not chrome (the same as the office browser) and the nasty got through that the chrome browser would have blocked :doh:

we have a cloned pc at work we can use to visit dodgy sites- to confirm they are, it is separate to our main network and we can zap the pc and re-build it fairly quickly.

on a related note I've had a few dodgy word docs get past our mail-scanning system. however we use a group policy to make sure macros in word are disabled. note that when the dodgy file is checked against our AV or 30 other AV's for that matter it's not picked up as malware. Traditional signature based anti virus products no longer protect against the polymorphic malware out there these days. :(

From the warning you get when going to the Safe Browsing Site Status details:

Site Safety Details
Some pages on this website install malware on visitors' computers.

It looks like this site has been compromised. I would steer clear until the postmaster cleans this up.

As an IT manager I'd always be wary of clicking on links to sites that may be dangerous. :nono: I warn our users is they see something iffy then screenshot it and forward to the IT department, but don't send iffy links. (

People only ever contact the helpdesk after they have clicked okay and installed something!!! :evil:

As for Chippy it was probably just the SSL certificate expired, the security certificates are timestamped and the host server needs to reissue the request and get it signed off by a 3rd party vendor who then lets them update and install it on their server..

They were probably just a bit lax with getting this done as it can take a few days

or the host had been compromised

Back