Talk Talk Scam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got a pop up this morning asking if i wanted to take part in a survey and anyone taking part would get a prize, it looked like the sort of thing TT would do but alarm bells were ringing, i answered 4 questions then this page loaded (several prizes offered) pick a prize and pay a small fee for postage, nice try no thanks.

2uqgbvl.jpg

AV scan found nothing i didn't think it would as i never went any further than the page in the picture, alarm bells were ringing as soon as i saw the pop up.

Anti malware scan running, better to be safe than sorry.

A bit of searching, it never ceases to amaze me people will give their card details out so easily -

Hi Tony A

I'm pretty sure that it is a scam, We don't use that method for surveys you may receive an satisfaction survey via Email, however we will NEVER ask for card or payment details.

As bestmanx3 has advised It might be a good idea to check with you cards issuer to see if there are any payments.

Regards

I got a few on my phone supposed to come from Virgin, my Broadband provider. I didn't open or take part but they are difficult to close without accessing the message. Can't actually remember how I got rid of it eventually,or did I.

On another forum someone thought they were answering a virgin survey and clicked it and managed to get infected with hijack software.

On another forum someone thought they were answering a virgin survey and clicked it and managed to get infected with hijack software.

One of the reasons why I NEVER use my phone to access any banking, ebay, paypal or other sites where I use a password to access.

One of the reasons why I NEVER use my phone to access any banking, ebay, paypal or other sites where I use a password to access.

Ditto.........

Makes me wonder why pay for a state of the art phone thats all bells and whistles, yet never use as you would a computer. I always think I'm more likely to lose a phone.

Ditto.........

Makes me wonder why pay for a state of the art phone thats all bells and whistles, yet never use as you would a computer. I always think I'm more likely to lose a phone.

I remember reading somewhere that phones are just as vulnerable to attack from viruses and Malware as PCs and most people don't have the same level of protection. The actual level of viruses and attacks targeting phones are supposed to be minimal but given the rise in Apple pay and similar systems I am not willing to risk it.

Either Talk-Talk is still "at it" or someone is attempting a scam!

On Monday (1), yesterday (1) and today (2) I received calls from "Talk-Talk" threatening to cut off my Internet by 12 o'clock on the day in question; but as we are no longer with Talk-Talk I hang up before they get to requesting anything.

However, the fact that I am getting these phone calls means that:
  1. Talk-Talk are desperate for me to contact them so that they may cajole me into returning to them. (No chance!) OR
  2. Their security is so ***** that they have allowed my home telephone number to be hi-jacked by some scam artist.
Either way, the phone calls put Talk-Talk exactly where they belong, which is at the very bottom of my ISP Provider List!

Either Talk-Talk is still "at it" or someone is attempting a scam!

On Monday (1), yesterday (1) and today (2) I received calls from "Talk-Talk" threatening to cut off my Internet by 12 o'clock on the day in question; but as we are no longer with Talk-Talk I hang up before they get to requesting anything.

However, the fact that I am getting these phone calls means that:
  1. Talk-Talk are desperate for me to contact them so that they may cajole me into returning to them. (No chance!) OR
  2. Their security is so ***** that they have allowed my home telephone number to be hi-jacked by some scam artist.
Either way, the phone calls put Talk-Talk exactly where they belong, which is at the very bottom of my ISP Provider List!
I was getting the same from bt but we are with virgin

Back