Mobile Phones.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you remember the make/model of your first mobile phone?

Mine was a Motororola flip phone like the one below, it was huge and on analogue getting a signal was very hit and miss, how times have changed.

image.jpg

it was huge and on analogue getting a signal was very hit and miss,

I wasn't exaggerating.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhLuL5bmWvg[/ame]

Yeah my first mobile phone was a huawei y300 running android kitkat (I finally gave in and got one) :)

I broke the screen on my last phone last week. Only got a new one on Friday. I thought hey no bother I'll just pop my sim in the old phone in the cupboard. Errr no, it's a micro sim. Spare phone now useless. And now this phone I have has an even smaller sim card. All those phones and chargers are now redundant.

I broke the screen on my last phone last week. Only got a new one on Friday. I thought hey no bother I'll just pop my sim in the old phone in the cupboard. Errr no, it's a micro sim. Spare phone now useless. And now this phone I have has an even smaller sim card. All those phones and chargers are now redundant.
I took a knife to mine but your provider should send a SIM that fits.

Sent from my HT7 using Tapatalk

I had a Motorola manhattan. If the Battery ran out.you could chuck in a couple of AA batteries!

BTW your new sims normally come with the outer plastic bits you can slot in, if not you can use a converted

I currently have the SAmsung Galaxy S7 edge which is a lovely phone although the edge on mine has a crack in now.!!!! first phone I ever got a cracked screen on.. annoyingly I dont know how it happened I put it on teh side came back and the crack was there.. Its not too bad I will replace the screen.. yet

getting a signal was very hit and miss, how times have changed.
I thought some hotelier up your way was recently complaining that he couldn't get a signal at all in his location
"Gary MacRae, who runs the Hazel Bank Country House Hotel in Borrowdale, Cumbria, said he had to rely on a landline because there was no mobile reception at the premises"
Things haven't changed at all for him since the Post Office ran the system!!.

I thought some hotelier up your way was recently complaining that he couldn't get a signal at all in his location

I saw that on the news, this is a small but very popular part of the lake district (Windermere just above the red 2G 3G 4G) as you can see coverage is poor, some would say that is not a bad thing.

16kpcn7.jpg

1z73sax.jpg

ehybrl.jpg

Latest posts

Back