Bulldog Evil Dog - but very low starting OG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamenco

Reaction score
Just bottled my Brewdog Evil Dog after 14 days in the FV. Final reading was lowest ever - 1008 which is just as well as the first reading was meant to be about 1061 - and was no more than 1034. I followed the instructions to the letter. The water I added was cheapo Lidl bottled spring water - I've had issues with my tap water. When I started the brew, I double checked the quantities in the instructions - yes all followed exactly. So how does a brew get to start off at 1034 when it should be 1061? I'm flummoxed. Anyone have any ideas?

The box (and instruction leaflet) says 23L of 7.5% - so I'm wondering - maybe a misprint and it should have been 18L or something?

(BTW - I'm not a beginner - this is brew no. 47 - some have been stonkingly good and one or two have had to be thrown away.)

Yeah, Evil Dog is suppose to be strong. Mine was! Is there any chance that any of the extract was stuck to the bottom of the fv and not mixed properly when you took the OG? I guess you'll find out after drinking a few.

Thanks. It was one v large flexible plastic container with a big twist cap, so I put hot water in and sloshed it all about to get the very last bits out. Stirred really well. Tasting when bottling - seems v good but can't tell how strong at present. Hydrometer gave 1008 from 1034 = 3.6% or so (instead of the 7.5%)

Latest posts

Back