Simple co2 Regulator recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afstcklnd

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a 'returning' casual brewer having brewed a fair amount of beer in my youth :).

At this point I don't want to get too complex but I do prefer to barrel so I'm currently at the plastic keg level.

Many years ago I had a simple CO2 regulator (from Boots I think) which fitted on top of the cap of the barrel and allowed a gradual release of pressure from 8oz cartridges. The regulator would keep the beer at a nice pressure.

Now I'm reduced to a pin type injector where the pressure is slammed into the barrel and (when over 75% full leaks from the seals on the pin injector) - not really appealing. :-?

My alternatives seem to be put up with it or invest in an expensive CO2 solution I really don't need.

Or am I missing a 'simple' alternative?

Feedback appreciated :)

A

Simple!

Natural carbonation, then a CO2 capsule and finally a Schrader Valve and a bike pump. :thumb:

PS

Clean off any oil and grease and sanitise the bike pump before use; and only use air for the last few litres to prevent oxidation.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Latest posts

Back