Better Brew Bandit Brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggerg

Reaction score
Ok do started this with my son this am. Much the same as the other better brew kit I have done only this one requires 1.5kg of fermentables. We went with 1kg dextrose and 500g extra light spraymalt. OG was 1.050. So if we go down to 1.010 think that works out at 5.6%. Good citrus smell from the mix and looking forward to this finishing so I can try it. :cheers:

Well after 24 hours is bubbling well nearly continuously. Took nearly 18 hours to get going but we'll see how it turns out.

did this one in the summer 1kg brew sugar 500g light spray malt brewed to 23l turned out a nice refreshing pint, a little to much citrus flavour for me though but i guess thats personal taste

Checked this yesterday and is down 1.008 so moving to the cold shed for a couple of days before batch priming and bottling later this week. Think it works out at 5.7% abv

Got round to bottling this today. Managed to squeeze 22 ltrs out the tub. Batch primed with 160g sugar. Hydrometer test showed 1.008 and tasted quite nice already. Nice citrus bite and hint of tequila. Will update when conditioned.

I purchased this kit(along with some others )when my lhbs sadly closed earlier in the year.I used the yeast on a can of coopers plain lme in panic after disscovering I forgot to purchase yeast on the brewday!!!!.I digress,Brewed up the bandit with a kilo of dex,a jar of honey and a healthy fistfull of muscavado.Its been bubbling away for 9 days now and im hoping to coldcrash it this week,so I can stick it in the corny.I will also bottle about 10 as I greadilly made it up to 25l!Im a thirsty boy.I used a garvin ale yeast which I rehydrated.Seems to have worked well,lets see how she tastes in a couple of :lol: weeks. :tongue:

Tried the first one of these tonight. Quite malty and still a bit bitter but good citrus flavour. Will leave for a couple more weeks to see how it goes.

hi, sorry to drag up an old thread, but how was the outcome for this?

any good?

any other suggestions, was thinking of doing with 1 tin of LME, thoughts???

Simon

hello so is this kit a tasty refreshing one im doing it wiv just a kilo of dextrose as didn't see the correction till 4 days in to it fermenting :oops:

Starting this now, kettles are on the boil, water treated with campdon tablet yesterday. I'm going for muntons beer kit enhancer so just the kilo of fermentables. Haven't made up my mind about corney or bottles yet though...

I know this post was back in 2014 (just reading it as I've put one of the bandits in the fermenter :thumb: ), but I'm intrigued about the need for using campden tablets to treat the water prior to brewing. I live the other side of the Humber in Hull, and the water is reported as 'very hard' by Yorkshire water. All my brews have been fine - just using tap water. Does the use of these tablets make a marked difference?

I'm also from near hull and use only tap water and I've never had a problem.
I went to atom beers for a tour they also use good old Yorkshire water and their beers are amazing

I'm also from near hull and use only tap water and I've never had a problem.
I went to atom beers for a tour they also use good old Yorkshire water and their beers are amazing

That's good to hear (not just my taste buds being out of kilter then :lol:). I did try one brew with bottled water from the local asda at one point, but couldnt taste the difference at all.

(atom beers tour is on my list of things to do :thumb: - they do a mean IPA)

Latest posts

Back