Car trouble

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the confirmation this morning of it being the front offside road spring,was quoted �£165 by kwikfit but my local friendly neighbourhood mobile mechanic is doing it for a tad less than half price tomorrow morning with a genuine Peugeot part,result is an understatement and well chuffed am i

Great result but it still annoys me that before we had speed humps (that are now being removed by a lot of councils due to pollution) i cannot ever remember breaking a spring and i have been driving for 35 years.

Great result but it still annoys me that before we had speed humps (that are now being removed by a lot of councils due to pollution) i cannot ever remember breaking a spring and i have been driving for 35 years.

Gotta be honest here,there are loads of speed humps around where I live and swmbo says I take them too fast,OK,but I try and take them with the wheels straddling the edges of them

Bloody speed bumps. Whoever dreamed those up wants taking quietly 'round the back' and shooting. Law-abiding motorists don't need them and the joyriders just take them at full speed in the stolen motors. But when I'm out on me motorbike I can just ride right around them totally unscathed whatever my speed! Great design, lads.

Kwikfit, the biggest con merchants going. A few years ago I had a 4 year old focus which started to make quite a noise from low revs from the exhaust. As the cowboys were just up the road from where I worked I took it in for them to take a look.

Got back to them at the end of the day, “your catalytic converter’s gone, main dealer job as you’ve got to drop the front axel. Gonna cost ya”. He said with a smug grin. [emoji36]

Just happened to be passing a main ford dealer on the way home, thought I’d book it in to get it done. Guy on the desk thought I’d gone mad, “who told you that, Kwikfit?” He quickly took a look, turns out I’d had a broken bracket, £20 fix. That was a huge relief, though won’t ever use Kwikfit again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back