Harvey Weinstein

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get most of my news updates from online BBC News. Over the last week they have headlined Harvey Wenstein's alleged wrongdoings. Each time I go onto their site there is something new in the saga. Noting that I had not even heard of this geezer until last week, nor likely to under normal circumstances, I now have his mugshot to endure several times a day. Were it somebody I had heard of, or better still someone who comes from the UK, or even better an article of international or UK national importance I might be interested. But I'm not, in the slightest.
I have to say that I am becoming less and less supportive of the BBC. Half the articles on line are about rubbish, and written by people apparently with a scraped GCSE in English but no more. And all this comes out of the licence fee
That's it, rant over. :thumb:

I didnt post a thread when the news broke and i am now glad i didn't, whatever happened to - innocent until proved guilty?

I have to say that I am becoming less and less supportive of the BBC. Half the articles on line are about rubbish, and written by people apparently with a scraped GCSE in English but no more.

It's either non-stories like this ^ / foreign affairs which concern no-one here / Strictly / Cake Bake and/or celebrity junk / moaning about Brexit / championing climate change crapola and... the list is long. Ever watched the BBC morning news where 'breaking' events are run in moving text across the bottom of the screen? The daily spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are beyond belief.

Welcome to the modern world chaps. Horseless carriages, locomotives that run using electricity, personal communication devices. The list is endless!

Seriously though. This is all because of 24 hour rolling news. Journalist are desperate to fill all that airtime. Mrs MQ works in communications for a charity and journalist are a nightmare. They're alway phoning her up and pestering her if her charity has anything to do with a particular news story(which is quite often)

It's not worth the extent of the coverage that's for sure, the powerful exploit the weak ...... Now that's a surprise!!!

Besides I thought that's how Holywood had always worked.

aamcle

It's either non-stories like this ^ / foreign affairs which concern no-one here / Strictly /

I watch the news in the morning before going to work and it really does boil my **** when they discuss Strictly (i even hate the word) i do not watch it and i do not care who is doing what and with whom give me some news (even if fake) i do not turn it on to listen to discussion about your T.V shows.

Of course this is news - arguably the most influential producer in Hollywood is accused by many, many women of rape / indecent assault, and it appears his behaviour was the worst kept secret in town. There are echoes of the Jimmy Saville case (in that seemingly everyone had their suspicions but no-one came forward) and he's been booted out of his own company, the BAFTA, the Academy and his wife's left him. If none of it's true then it's an appalling miscarriage of justice, but with the number of allegations I'd bet there's a lot of truth to it. He's also well known as a bully who would ruin people's careers if they fell out with him.

Couldn't agree more about the dancing programme & reality TV being in the news though. No place for any of that nonsense.

Of course this is news - arguably the most influential producer in Hollywood is accused by many, many women of rape / indecent assault, and it appears his behaviour was the worst kept secret in town. There are echoes of the Jimmy Saville case (in that seemingly everyone had their suspicions but no-one came forward) and he's been booted out of his own company, the BAFTA, the Academy and his wife's left him. If none of it's true then it's an appalling miscarriage of justice, but with the number of allegations I'd bet there's a lot of truth to it. He's also well known as a bully who would ruin people's careers if they fell out with him.
I disagree.
It might be headline news to folks on the other side of the Atlantic but it does not rank as continuing headline news on this side of the Atlantic, and portrayed as such by what used to be our national broadcasting organisation. Passing interest -yes, headline - no. The only thing that is pushing it to the top is celebrity and sex, which seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator and may be one explanation for its prominence.

I disagree.
It might be headline news to folks on the other side of the Atlantic but it does not rank as continuing headline news on this side of the Atlantic, and portrayed as such by what used to be our national broadcasting organisation. Passing interest -yes, headline - no. The only thing that is pushing it to the top is celebrity and sex, which seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator and may be one explanation for its prominence.

It appears to involve British actresses for one thing, and it's continued to build and build with more allegations almost hourly which has kept it front and centre. Had it been just one or two accusations it'd be way down the page by now. It's also been a pretty slow news week - this time tomorrow when the storm hits it'll be less prominent.

You're right about sex and celebrity selling though!

If they prove beyond shadow of a doubt Weinstein is a rapist they should throw away the key until then he is innocent, how can he now get a fair trial?

It appears to involve British actresses for one thing, and it's continued to build and build with more allegations almost hourly which has kept it front and centre. Had it been just one or two accusations it'd be way down the page by now. It's also been a pretty slow news week - this time tomorrow when the storm hits it'll be less prominent.

You're right about sex and celebrity selling though!

Unless of course theirs a tory coup and May gets 'knifed'

I dont think this is worthy of the hufe amount of coverage its getting compared to other things that are going on in the world however i think the issue is that its been widely acknowledged but never spoken about that he acted in ways that he explioted his position and behaved inappropriately to actresses he was working with.

I dont 100% believe that every person that accuses him of rape will be telling the truth but i think its a red flag that people in power (including trump) treat women in waya they shouldnt

Back