European Rugby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slid

Forum Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
First game tonight, with the ever entertaining Ulster Rugby squeezing past a much depleted Wasps team.

A game slightly ruined from a spectator's point of view by the weather. Turned into more of a forward dominated game then the sort we all want to watch.

Wasps desperately unlucky this season with injuries. Good luck to them for the rest of the season, they play the most attractive rugby for the fans, although I have a preference for the Exeter Chiefs style of rugby. Maybe it is the Rugby League style of just keeping the ball in play I sort of like.

Lots more on show this weekend. Bring it on:thumb:

First game tonight, with the ever entertaining Ulster Rugby squeezing past a much depleted Wasps team.

A game slightly ruined from a spectator's point of view by the weather. Turned into more of a forward dominated game then the sort we all want to watch.

Wasps desperately unlucky this season with injuries. Good luck to them for the rest of the season, they play the most attractive rugby for the fans, although I have a preference for the Exeter Chiefs style of rugby. Maybe it is the Rugby League style of just keeping the ball in play I sort of like.

Lots more on show this weekend. Bring it on:thumb:

I love a forwards game once in a while. I played second row and then flanker when I was a youth - the dark arts take me right back...

Wifes a Wasp Supporter

I told her this is how I felt 12 months ago Watching Tigers.. teams so badly depleated and confidence is shattered..

Watching Leinster Montpellier at the minute, That Nadolo is huge! I remember watching him against England at twickers and even from the second tier he looked enormous..

Don't fancy our chances away in Racing today though

Wifes a Wasp Supporter

I told her this is how I felt 12 months ago Watching Tigers.. teams so badly depleated and confidence is shattered..

Watching Leinster Montpellier at the minute, That Nadolo is huge! I remember watching him against England at twickers and even from the second tier he looked enormous..

Don't fancy our chances away in Racing today though

Entertaining game, but lot of handling errors and squandered chances from Tigers. They need to look for a replacement for Dom Barrow - he's not good enough.

Watched both of the games on BT today. So desperately tight, both games.

In all but pool 5 with the eternally appalling Italians, "Sense Parisee", it comes down to the team that wins 3 at home and can win away.

Exeter are my favourite team and have been for some time. Much the best rugby, season in and season out for some years.

For the reason that my grandparents are all Glasgow/Clyde-side, I can't quite ever get away from being Scottish/Glasgow. They even play quite decent rugby, but don't scrummage well enough to make any sort of real impact in the Champions cup.

Entertaining game, but lot of handling errors and squandered chances from Tigers. They need to look for a replacement for Dom Barrow - he's not good enough.

The poor lad dropped one ball, for mine, off his usual performance. That ball was dropped in a position on the field and a point in the play that he is not selected to excel in.

I don't support Leicester, but I do think that they are going to be top four again this season, on the basis of their big, ugly forwards, amongst whom Barrow seems prominent, will be sufficient.

C’mon the Sarries.

Hard to see past Saracens. Last year, they chucked the domestic play off title for Europe. That won't happen in France and outside of Montpellier, Clermont, or Racing 92, where is there a real challenge?

The poor lad dropped one ball, for mine, off his usual performance. That ball was dropped in a position on the field and a point in the play that he is not selected to excel in.

I don't support Leicester, but I do think that they are going to be top four again this season, on the basis of their big, ugly forwards, amongst whom Barrow seems prominent, will be sufficient.

I'm not just talking about his performance yesterday, he's not been good enough all season. The Tigers backs are great but the pack needs a shake-up, they don't have the quality that a side in contention has to have.

Hard to see past Saracens. Last year, they chucked the domestic play off title for Europe. That won't happen in France and outside of Montpellier, Clermont, or Racing 92, where is there a real challenge?

Scarlet of course

I don't think he is fully fit, we are struggling at lock big time..

But neither him or Kitchener impressed me much.. we need a real enforcer there..

Watched both of the games on BT today. So desperately tight, both games.

In all but pool 5 with the eternally appalling Italians, "Sense Parisee", it comes down to the team that wins 3 at home and can win away.

Exeter are my favourite team and have been for some time. Much the best rugby, season in and season out for some years.

For the reason that my grandparents are all Glasgow/Clyde-side, I can't quite ever get away from being Scottish/Glasgow. They even play quite decent rugby, but don't scrummage well enough to make any sort of real impact in the Champions cup.

If I were to have a second team it would certainly be Exeter, was delighted the won the AP against the throw money at everything Wasps..

They do not build a team on superstars just a good team spirit and effort..

Yesterday they shown they are a mature champion side.

I will say I thought some crowds have shown little class at times, in particular Ulster booing and hissing like a crowd of the roundball game.

If I were to have a second team it would certainly be Exeter, was delighted the won the AP against the throw money at everything Wasps..

They do not build a team on superstars just a good team spirit and effort..

Yesterday they shown they are a mature champion side.

I will say I thought some crowds have shown little class at times, in particular Ulster booing and hissing like a crowd of the roundball game.

Yes, I noticed the crowd at the Kingspan were a bit, shall we say, celebrating before the game?

Not great, is it, behaving like that.

Back