I'm Back!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disgruntledgoat

Reaction score
So the move to Glasgow complete and life starting to return to normal pace, I thought I'd stick my head round the door again and let you know what I've been brewing! As per usual, I'm sticking to the Belgian style, anybody want any more info on these, please ask.

Here Come The Belgians

Dark Trappist style ale, OG 1.078, aged for a month and bottle conditioned for an ABV of 8.4%.

Orville

An attempt to recreate that distinctive Orval taste in my own beer. Used the trappist yeast on the primary ferment, then dosed the secondary with half a bottle of Orval and dry hopped with some extra Saaz for 2 months. 6.5% from 1.060 OG

Minnie's Strawberry Beer

Attempt at a strawberry Lambic. Made a wheat beer base with a whole jar of honey. Aged for 2 months with a kilo of strawberries and the Wyeast Lambic mix. Didn't really get the colour, but tasted ok.

I was going to enter a strong golden that's currently in 2ndary into the Nicholson's pubs homebrew competition, but you aren't allowed anything stronger than 5.9%!

Latest posts

Back