Speed of brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brewed quite a few kits and typically drop the hydrometer in after 8-10 days, when the airlock has stopped bubbling. Some go on a bit longer, 15 days was the longest.

Put a Coopers Stout on last Sun (a kit I've done before, 10 days last time) and noticed no airlock activity when I got home tonight, so measured it: 1040 to a good 1010 (maybe 1008, hard to read) in 5 days :D Surprised it finished so quick, although I guess the place it's located is at an ideal temperature (around 20c) due to the time of year.

The hydrometer reading seems like good news, will this be OK? Brewed it with 1kG Beer Enhancer. Might leave it another day or two just to see, but the top of the beer is clear and it looks like the yeast is dropping down to the bottom of the bucket :thumb:

If the reading is fine then it's good to go I would have thought.

My brews often take off like a rocket. The on the rocks cider kit I made was finished in 4 days lol.

Give it another day or so, it won't do any harm and if the hydrometer reading is still the same then you're done :thumb:

Back