Blogging on Home Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrannBrew

Damo Brann
Reaction score
Hoppy New Year Home Brewers,

I do't know how many of us actually go through with either blogging or creating a website on home brewing and your home brews. I started like most people probably do by writing a journal or brew diary of recipes, visualisations & happenings during brew days.

Since I got some new pieces of equipment for christmas I thought I'd start doing a blog for 2016, basically an electronic version of my beer diary and also I'll post reviews on equipment and any recipes I brew and other various home brew bits.
This is no way a plug, I was just curious to how many people have thought about doing this?
If your interested in how my blog develops over time, this is the site http://brannbrew.blogspot.co.uk/

This is no way a plug, I was just curious to how many people have thought about doing this?

This forum was set up so members can post descriptions and links to their blogs so your post is not considered a plug, the plugging referred to in the forum rules relates to members excessively linking to their blog from other forums here.

I have had a quick look at your blog, are the label links supposed to take you to a new page as they are not working, I keep seeing this page when i click any of them -

New Year, New Brew.

So 2015 had its ups & downs, both in and out of Home Brew, mostly highs thankfully.
Since June last year I've brewed 4 batches (excluding the one thats currently on the go).

Three of those kits were kit based (Wilko's Golden Ale, Young's Raspberry & Mango Cider & Better Brews IPA), the other was a Black IPA that was an experimental beer, which did teach me a few things but ultimately I didn't have all the equipment necessary to produce something that I was completely happy with. There was lots of sediment within the bottles and my Tap a Draft (TAD)Bottle System. So much that when I came to the TAD that I couldn't drink it as it was so overly bitter, something that when I told my Dad he almost wept with the thought of lost beer.

Blog seems OK and welcome, look forward to the updates.

I'm a big blog fan although I update on here. I've big plans for 2016 at some stage.

This forum was set up so members can post descriptions and links to their blogs so your post is not considered a plug, the plugging referred to in the forum rules relates to members excessively linking to their blog from other forums here.

I have had a quick look at your blog, are the label links supposed to take you to a new page as they are not working, I keep seeing this page when i click any of them -
The labels/tags are manly used when there's multiple posts on the same references as there's only one post currently it'll only go to that post.

I'm planning on doing a few additional posts this week to get it going and then when I've run out of current ideas and settle down do it as and when/post Brew and bottling days.

Latest posts

Back