First time Woodford Wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldgeezer

Reaction score
Ok so this is my first time brewing beer. I normally make cider - which comes outto great I must say! The initial fermentation went well and after about a week the SG was stuck at 1012 so I siphoned over to my keg and primed it. I left it in the house for example days to get the secondaries fermentation going then moved to the garage. It's been in there for a couple of weeks now so I thought I'd check it out. The carbonation had gone rather too well as discussed the bottom of the keg was pushed out so it didn't sit square on the floor. I've pulled 4 pints out and that seems to rescue the pressure enough but the beer still isn't clear. It tastes great but I'd like it clear. See attached picture. Any ideas??

20160522_182758.jpg

Last edited:
Is leaving it on the garage ok? It's the coolest place I've got but on a sunny day it can still get up to 25 in there

That's a bit warm really, you might find the temperature swing will make it end up tasting rather Belgian on you. If you are concerned then wrap a damp towel round it in the morning it will keep it more stable.

Back