Brewnight: Strawberry WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening all..... stuck this one on tonight, a slightly weaker version of one I made a few months ago that tasted great but was a bit too strong to sup without falling down afterwards... 😵

So...
6L Lidl vitafit red grape
6L Lidl vitafit apple
3 x 440ml Strawberry lowicz
1L strong tea (5 bag)
2kg granulated sugar
5tsp pectolase
4tsp Youngs super wine yeast compound

Method
Poured 2 cartons of the juice in
Tipped in sugar
Poured in a kettle full of boiling water, stirred sugar until dissolved
Dissolved pectolase in a cup of warm water
Poured in rest of cartons, and 3 bottles of lowicz
Poured in stewed tea
Topped up with cold tap water to 25L

Temp 22 degrees
Sg 1.080
Exp FG 0.990
Est ABV 11.8%

Tipped in yeast, lid/airlock on, bunged in cupboard.... sorted 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds good, I haven't used lowicz but have found topping up with apple juice and water has made enough of a difference to taste that I now do it go all my wines.

Out of interest, how much more AJ do you top up with ?

I split a litre between two or four DJ's depending on how many I have made then top up with water.

Lowicz Raspberry Syrup 440Ml (tesco)

Ingredients:
Sugar (A) and/or Glucose-Fructose Syrup (B), Water, Raspberry Juice made from Concentrated Raspberry Juice (2.8%), Concentrated Multifruit Juice, Concentrate of Black Carrot, Colours: Anthocyanins and Sulphite Ammonia Caramel, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid, Enriching Substance: Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid), Aroma, A, B - depending on the used ingredients, printed on the cap

Have a look at Tesco.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

This sounds really tasty. Look forward to seeing the updates

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Racked it tonight, was down to 0.995, popped stabiliser in and gave it a whizz up with a wine wand to degass. Will repeat degassing tomorrow and throw in some finings 😀

Looks delicious, ate those empty grape juice bottles ?

I'm a newby - so bought these ingredients today and will give my first brew a blast at the weekend. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a newby - so bought these ingredients today and will give my first brew a blast at the weekend. [emoji106]

Good call matey 😀

Yeh, asda juice bottles 😀

Good call. I've a demijohn about ready and just did a 33l wow, il keep the bottles for the demijohn finishing.

And now for something probably obvious - what does WOW mean ? [emoji848]

It's short for Wurzels Orange Wine.... which is a basic recipe for home made wine using orange as one of the juices (not one I've ever made exactly). It's in a sticky thread at the top of one of the forums here.

my recipes have moved away from the basis proportions in that recipe, but I still call my home made wines WOW's... just short for home made wine made from supermarket fruit juice as far as I'm concerned :whistle:

hope that helps :smile:

If you haven't already seen it have a look at the original WOW thread http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

As Roddy says WOW stands for Wurzels Orange Wine, a lot of members call all supermarket juice wines WOW's but really the orange and white grape juices original is the only WOW, the rest are WOW variants or as i call them supermarket juice wines.

If you haven't already seen it have a look at the original WOW thread http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

As Roddy says WOW stands for Wurzels Orange Wine, a lot of members call all supermarket juice wines WOW's but really the orange and white grape juices original is the only WOW, the rest are WOW variants or as i call them supermarket juice wines.

Awesome - great help. Can't wait to give it a go tomorrow - will keep you all informed !

Latest posts

Back