On the rocks Raspberry and Lime - 40 pint

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled today. Upped the recommended priming sugar to 7oz. Into mostly swing tops and the excess into pet bottles. Got 43 500ml bottles.

Tastes a bit bland, hint of raspberry, not much in the way of apple. Early days , see how it goes after conditioning!

Pets are already rock hard. Exciting!

I'd try one at this point to see if you are happy with the sweetness & fizz. If yes, chill the rest to stop the fermentation. You run the risk if bottle bombs if there is still some sugar left in there.

I'd try one at this point to see if you are happy with the sweetness & fizz. If yes, chill the rest to stop the fermentation. You run the risk if bottle bombs if there is still some sugar left in there.

Er, only been in bottles 2 days. Understand what you are saying but others suggest that the swing tops and pets should be fine. Plan was to leave in warm for a week to condition then out in the cold for unlimited time , taking the odd one or two now and again to chill before opening.

It was the 2 days to rock hard that worried me, as I've overdone the sugar and they went rock hard in 4 days. When I opened them they fizzed up like a bottle of cheap lemonade

I'm still doing experimentation with how much to add. The rule of thumb seems to be they are ready when they get really hard.

It was the 2 days to rock hard that worried me, as I've overdone the sugar and they went rock hard in 4 days. When I opened them they fizzed up like a bottle of cheap lemonade

I'm still doing experimentation with how much to add. The rule of thumb seems to be they are ready when they get really hard.

Or , leave them to condition , then put them out in the cold to clear then CHILL. Chill is the biggie? Open without chilling them down and they will go off like a rocket. Whack them in the fridge overnight then enjoy the fizz. :thumb:

Only what peeps seem to suggest?

Or , leave them to condition , then put them out in the cold to clear then CHILL. Chill is the biggie? Open without chilling them down and they will go off like a rocket. Whack them in the fridge overnight then enjoy the fizz. :thumb:

Only what peeps seem to suggest?

I'd agree with that :)

Update. 3 weeks in the bottle but only two weeks outside. Chilled a couple down. Getting decent fizz, not massive but ok. The taste is ok but what my missus would call weak medicinal. Now I like a cider sweet and fruity so the medicinal aspect I can live with but I know where she is coming from. They are ok but still a tad 'bland' . So today I popped a 500ml swing top and poured it over 25ml of Lowitz Raspberry. WOW , Now that IS so much better!!

I am wondering how much better this will get on its own. I have a mixed berry one under the desk awaiting production. If that goes the same way then I think I may consider going back to a plain TC then adding the syrup to taste on pouring. That way gives so much variety of choice for guests as I can store the different flavours . Not so good for giveaways though. Ahh. Decisions , decisions.

Edit -- or, use the syrup to prime etc. Oh dear, today is becoming very confusing as I have also racked 5 gal of BVDale VCDR, bottled 3 gals of blackberry wine with copious amounts of tasting ( testing) at 16% and then started my first attempt at a BVDale Pinot Grigio.

HIC

I would def try my strawberry and lime TC, made a few of these now and I reckon it's the closest thing to commercial (eg Kopparberg) that I've made so far

Recipes are in the brewdays forum, shout if you can't find it and want a copy

I gave up on cider kits after my first TC [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would def try my strawberry and lime TC, made a few of these now and I reckon it's the closest thing to commercial (eg Kopparberg) that I've made so far

Recipes are in the brewdays forum, shout if you can't find it and want a copy

I gave up on cider kits after my first TC [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Always rely on you Roddy , ;)

Back