Deleted.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jd_oakes

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently paid £150 for a micro batch kit from this link: Link Removed.

Money taken (paypal) but over 2 weeks later and had nothing delivered and no responses to emails.

Anyone know if they have stopped trading?

Found the site through recommendations from this forum.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Look like they also sell on eBay. ..same pictures,same mash tun.
Can you get a refund through PayPal? Or get on Facebook and see where they are...

Will check eBay, been on Facebook and they don't exist (that I can find).
Yea PayPal can refund I think...was looking forward to getting my kit!!!
Any recommendations for sites that so similar kits?
Cheers

Contact paypal asap. If their FB and twitter have been removed that's not good. They would have to do that themselves. You can get small tea urns like that on ebay. Good luck.

PS their address is on their website but no phone number.

First that I have even heard tell of them.Must say thats an expensive piece of kit for what you get....
Really, what would you expect to pay for that lot of kit?

Contact paypal asap. If their FB and twitter have been removed that's not good. They would have to do that themselves. You can get small tea urns like that on ebay. Good luck.

PS their address is on their website but no phone number.
Cheers, yes I have tried everything to get in contact...even via eBay.
Let's see!

Really, what would you expect to pay for that amount of kit?

To be honest you have most of it available in your own kitchen with a few pots & pans,oven and maybe even some muslin cloth or a pillow case.Use a 5 litre water container from Tesco or other for a quid for fermenting in.It's amazing what you can do.
You could also try this kit
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/biab-starter-kit-peco-boiler-chiller-mashing-bag-mash-kit-p-2426.html

with an added fermenter
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/beer-wine-equipment-fermenters-c-2_26.html

Honestly the list is endless but it's down to yourself on how comfortable you feel with the process.

Agreed that is a lot for the size batches it would produce. You are better off trying homebrew company or geterbrewed

a 1 gallon stove top brew is very do-able with a minimal outlay and there is an excellent thread in here on the subject that I cant add anything to..

if at all diy inclined and are comfortable wiring up a plug fabricating a basic plastic 5 gallon brewery is an afternoons work (without any shop dashes) and can cost less than £100 or as much as you want to throw at it ;)

the copper kettle online brewshop is a trusted seller run by a friendly brewer that sells all the bits needed for a budget brewery build including PP buckets that can stand boiling temps, iirc they also cut drain and element holes foc if requested meaning its a simple put together job when delivered..

I would expect if you raise an issue over the payment with paypal you will get your cash back, in fact allgraingarage did you a big service in cocking up your order and have saved you some cash in the long run.. I will drink to that ;)

As Darrellm says above, I'm the same. 10-12L brews with a 15L stainless steel pan (£20 Amazon) and a grain bag (£6 BJ filters on eBay).

PayPal have sorted money back for me on none delivery before, so hopefully they will see you right.

Hi All,

Recently paid �£150 for a micro batch kit from this link: Link Removed.
Money taken (paypal) but over 2 weeks later and had nothing delivered and no responses to emails.
Anyone know if they have stopped trading?
Found the site through recommendations from this forum.

Thanks!

Where did you see the recommendations on this forum? It's not a site I'm familiar with and if they're not fulfilling orders it would be worth bringing posts promoting them to a mods attention so they can be removed.

Good point DM i have removed the link from this thread could the OP PM me links to any threads where this company has been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back