Uber looses license in London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sorry for the "40,000 licensed drivers who rely on Uber to make a living" however i find the name irritating so will be glad if i never hear it again.

Their own fault, with using the Greyball software to obfuscate whatever the frack they wanted to obfuscate.

I feel sorry for the "40,000 licensed drivers who rely on Uber to make a living" however i find the name irritating so will be glad if i never hear it again.

Completely agree with this, also it wasn't a level playing field between Uber and the black cabs/private hires so glad they have been given the heave-ho.

Maybe they should have concentrated more on stopping sexual assaults happening than trying to cover them up.

From what I heard on the news they are still operating until their appeal which some expert or other said they will win. He said this has only been done as a warning to the compsny. Apparently other cities have come out in support of uber. I don't really get the whole uber thing but then I live a million miles from where they operate

I find Uber really good when I visit my son in London. Taxi turns up in no time, fairly cheap, very convenient and best of all no cash changing hands.
And it would make a big dent in the market for Toyota's Prius without all the Uber drivers.:lol:

Interesting, my personal opinion is if customers want them and drivers want the jobs (or at least prefer it to not having the jobs) they should stay and if there is any criminal wrong doing the police should deal with it.

Sounds like they've had years to try to improve they're services, as in staff. It did seem unfair taxi drivers paying to undergo the knowledge courses just for Joe bloggs to turn up with a sat nav and take his/her customer away.
People will be worried over random costs now though. It sounds like they were quite fare (see what I did?) With they're prices.

Maybe they should have concentrated more on stopping sexual assaults happening than trying to cover them up.

There are always going to be bad apples in any organisation this big and not running adequate background checks is obviously wrong but I stand by my previous comment 40,000 jobs to go because of bad management is not good.

Well having just got back from a "vacation" in Orlando (I need to stop using American words for things :D ) we used Uber every day and I have to say it's one of the best things I've ever used.

Because it's fully fledged over there as soon as you request an uber there are usually 4-5 drivers within a couple miles of you and the longest we had to wait was about 2 minutes. The app tells you the cost before you start and it's basically a moving map that shows the route whilst you're in the car so for us, although some of the drivers were a little odd, we felt really comfortable. It was so cheap I'm not sure how they make a living after Uber takes there cut.

Personally I'd like to see it all over the UK, but I agree it would be damaging for taxi drivers.

Latest posts

Back