7 Day Orange Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottE75

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I made a batch of orange wine on the 23.09.17, and within 7 days it was done. Is that normal? I normally make Mead (with varying degrees of success) so I'm not used to it going that fast, plus it tastes great!

I didn't go by the WOW recipe, more a fusion of WOW and a recipe from 1968 from a book I have (which is really good).

I'm definitely going to make more WOW!

How did you decided it was done hydrometer or lack of bubbles, 7 days this time of year is quite normal and 7 - 10 in winter when our houses are cooler.

I used a hydrometer. It is still bubbling slowly so I thought it might be stuck, but no stuck ferment, just finished. All I have to do now is get it to clear. I used an all in one yeast by youngs which has bentonite in it, but I'll rack it off the sediment and leave it bulk age in the demijohn and see if it clears itself.

I used an all in one yeast by youngs which has bentonite in it

Is it youngs super wine yeast compound? i have used that from day one but being the impatient type i always use finings and have found KwiK Clear or Youngs Clear It the best of the bunch.

Back