Hello from Tamworth, Staffs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyVernon

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Vernon, I am from Tamworth, Staffs.

I was given as present a starter brew kit a couple of years ago and tried once and gave up, it was poor.

I have recently subscribed to flavourly so got the bug for craft beer and real ale.

I am working on my first brew which is tiny rebel, cwtch. I have just siphoned it from brew bin to barrel so fingers crossed, it smells good so far.

I have been using an old small chest freezer with a bulb on a timer as a heat source for brewing and seems to have worked so may have to adapt and develop this further.

Will look at bottling in a couple of days, only broken one hydrometer so far.

Would love recommendations on decent starter (extract) kits similar to tiny rebel as I can't spot too many.

Regards

Vernon

Would love recommendations on decent starter (extract) kits similar to tiny rebel as I can't spot too many.
Welcome to the forum.
Not quite sure what you are looking for here.
If it's kits then the most popular types are one can like Coopers which usually need malt and/or sugar adding, or premium kits which have everything. Your Cwtch kit is a premium kit, other popular premium kits are Youngs American and Festival ranges, but there are others. Forum kit reviews here
Beer Kit Review A - Z
If it's the basis to do extract brewing, some suppliers will sell you everything you need, but many homebrewers who do extract brewing make up their recipes from individual components.

Thanks for the welcome.

Terrym thanks for the response, I guess I am interested in premium kits like the tiny rebel.

I have got the basic brewing set up and just got back from my first attempt at bottling.

I used brown bottles for most but did one clear to see how it is progressing so first tip used from the forums. Thanks already.

Vernon

Back