Suffolk boy crosses the border to Norfolk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbaldy

Reaction score
Hi All

Most of the homebrew I've been offered in the past has been pretty awful...until this weekend when a couple of brothers at a metal detecting rally asked for my thoughts on their wheat beer. Unreal. What a revelation. If that was anything near what can be achieved, I'm despirate to give it a go.

I don't believe these brothers used a kit and said they didn't have expensive kit or vast spaces.

So, any advice on getting started would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to start out doing a couple of beer kits in a style you like, then upgrade to brewing from grain once you've got the basics sussed.

Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to start out doing a couple of beer kits in a style you like, then upgrade to brewing from grain once you've got the basics sussed.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a whirl!

Welcome to the Forum.

My advice is ...

Select a beer that you know you will like,
buy a cheap Wilko kit of the same style,
follow the instructions to the letter,
ask as many questions as come along​

... then enjoy your successes and learn from your failures as you go along!

It's a great pastime/hobby/obsession! :thumb: :thumb:

:Hey Suffolk Superbaldy..! If you've taken the 'one small step for man' and crossed the border into Norkolk, you may as well make 'a giant leap for mankind' and visit the Woodfordes shop (in a village eastish of Norwich somewhere), and choose from their excellent kits selection. Great pub next door too, where you can sample their professional draught versions...someone'll need to drive you, so make sure you take the little woman..! (Unless she drinks beer of course...) :drink:

Latest posts

Back