Is a Arduino the future?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa there Bob.. tis a mine field your entering..

you could spend valuable days on that and end up having to spend much more time calibrating the probes b4 each use than u would monitoring that aspect manually by slipping a bit of indicator paper in the flow. if u have ever done it , I havent..

and every delay means i have to wait to rip off your work so we cant have u chasing down blind alleys ;)

come on, chop chop.. focus lad ;)

Hang on Fil . . . I'll shoot him down for you ( . . . and me actually :D )

pH should be measured at 20C . . .NOT at Mash Temp . . . even if you have an ATC meter.

I used to sample the mash directly but now have a set of heavy glass shot glasses that get put in the freezer, remove sample into shot glass . . . take reading . . . generally the temp is pretty close to 20C.

A hot mash is a pretty destructive environment for pH probes

Aleman said:
Hang on Fil . . . I'll shoot him down for you ( . . . and me actually )

Suitably shot. :argh: :lol: :oops: I also don't measure the ph coming out of the mash tun. :oops:

Just me googling too much instead of getting on with the job in hand. That's the problem with ordering stuff from China. You have to wait too bl**dy long to get the stuff. Anyway the motor driver has arrived today so I can at least get on with figuring out how to make it open and close the valves. Still waiting on the pump driver and LCD screen, and I am still working on the pressure sensor, although I got it working yesterday, but need a bubbler and figure out how to write the code. I need to figure out how to write the below into the Analog Example sketch.

sensorValue = analogRead( TANK_SENSOR_PIN ); //
constrainedValue = constrain( sensorValue, TANK_EMPTY_SETTING, TANK_FULL_SETTING );
tankLevel = map( constrainedValue, TANK_EMPTY_SETTING, TANK_FULL_SETTING, 0, 100 ); //change these values to tank lt volume

And before you say anything I know it's going to do a percentage. But that could be changed.

As well as including a calibration routine. :pulls hair out: :lol:

Latest posts

Back