(sweet) stout recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W0nderW0man

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just been scrolling through the recipes and was wondering if anyone's done a write up or instructions for (newbies) like me.

I like the Double Chocolate Stout - Young Clone one, or at least think I might like, but would give any sweet stout a go.

Personally, I like Milds but you might like to give one of these a go.

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/fulstow-marsh-mild-full-mash-kit

I've had my first bottle of Marsh Mild tonight and (despite multiple screw-ups during my attempt to brew it) the finished article gives a lovely "dark chocolate" twang to the taste buds.

I went to Fulstow Brewery's "The Gas Lamp Lounge" (it really does have gas lamps!) in Louth to try one so that I would know what to aim for. All I can say is that I will try again and hopefully get better!

Thanks! I don't really know what I am after as I haven't drank much stout, in fact, the fact that I don't like Guinness (or didn't last time I tried years ago) put me off - until I discovered that there are so many different types of stout out there. If I remember correctly, then I didn't like Guinness because I just expected it to be sweet and not so dry/bitter, so I'm thinking, I might like a sweet stout.

If anyone's got some write up of AG (I BIAB) for a milk stout, chocolate stout or (sweet) oatmeal stout - or a combination of them all - I'd really appreciate it!

I was advised to try Murphys as it's less bitter, so I can't wait for the weekend shop to get a few cans of Murphys and Young's double choc

Thanks! I don't really know what I am after as I haven't drank much stout, in fact, the fact that I don't like Guinness (or didn't last time I tried years ago) put me off - until I discovered that there are so many different types of stout out there. If I remember correctly, then I didn't like Guinness because I just expected it to be sweet and not so dry/bitter, so I'm thinking, I might like a sweet stout.

If anyone's got some write up of AG (I BIAB) for a milk stout, chocolate stout or (sweet) oatmeal stout - or a combination of them all - I'd really appreciate it!

Hi WW.

I have a couple of bottles of my recent AG stout left. If you want I can send you one along with the ingredients list (just need to adapt for your brew length).
This is not a milk stout but it will give you some knowledge as to whether you like it or not and the ingredients used.
Just pm me your address if interested and I stick a bottle in the post.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back