North East Home Brew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few photos of today's brew day, strawberry beer. Aimed for OG of 1.042 and got 1.041, happy with that, strawberries going into secondary.

20171001_110549-2016x1512.jpg

20171001_133845-1512x2016.jpg

20171001_150010-1512x2016.jpg

20171001_163759-1512x2016.jpg

Nice pics. Was thinking about a chrimbo brew but not sure what to go for flavours wise. I like pale ales and Amber mainly. Any ideas?

Nice pics. Was thinking about a chrimbo brew but not sure what to go for flavours wise. I like pale ales and Amber mainly. Any ideas?

One of my favourite brews is my Centennial SMASH, I also have a gamma ray clone recipe I'll be trying soon as well as a saison recipe. I was considering doing a chili stout at some point over winter.

One of my favourite brews is my Centennial SMASH, I also have a gamma ray clone recipe I'll be trying soon as well as a saison recipe. I was considering doing a chili stout at some point over winter.

Good choice, I’ve made the ones mentioned apart from the chilli one! I had the ingrediants to make it but bottled out last moment!!
The saison wasn’t my cup of tea tbh!
Typicle of my style of brewing ‘seat of my pants’ approach and last minute adjust things!! Some time it works lol
But I’ve never got a disaster!! (Well apart from a rouge yeast Strain) and had to through it awAy!!
Looking fwd to meeting u soon lol
Bri

Good choice, I’ve made the ones mentioned apart from the chilli one! I had the ingrediants to make it but bottled out last moment!!
The saison wasn’t my cup of tea tbh!
Typicle of my style of brewing ‘seat of my pants’ approach and last minute adjust things!! Some time it works lol
But I’ve never got a disaster!! (Well apart from a rouge yeast Strain) and had to through it awAy!!
Looking fwd to meeting u soon lol
Bri

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is how much chili to add and whether to add fresh chilis.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is how much chili to add and whether to add fresh chilis.

hi Matt,
just rummaged through my note book...it was was for a sweet chilli ale (not a stout)
but it was going to use 3 fresh chillis @ 15 mins in the boil.think cut up in chunks :!:
then 3 chillies soaked in rum added to the secondary before bottling.
hope this spreads some hope lol.
maybe it could be a club experiment:whistle:
lata m8.
Bri

hi Matt,
just rummaged through my note book...it was was for a sweet chilli ale (not a stout)
but it was going to use 3 fresh chillis @ 15 mins in the boil.think cut up in chunks :!:
then 3 chillies soaked in rum added to the secondary before bottling.
hope this spreads some hope lol.
maybe it could be a club experiment:whistle:
lata m8.
Bri

Ah sounds good, yeah a club experiment sounds like a plan.

So the next home brew club meet up will be at the Split Chimp in Newcastle, somewhere hopefully easy for people to get to. It will be 4th December at 7pm, hope to see people there.

Back