Wrong Hop Ale, or a how to make entirely the wrong beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richc

Regular.
Reaction score
A while back I reported (http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14395) on making a certain mystery recipe http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/springthingcompetition.php. I recently realised that, through some strange thought process, I've made entirely the wrong beer :eek:
I think my thought process must have worked something like this....

I remember the recipe needed some sort of C* hop that I think I've got some of back at home
I've got some Challenger, that must have been it.....

Oh well, I've got a passable standard bitter and just about enough time to make the real beer if I make something that will taste good when young....

That happened at Wibblers Brewery once - The apprentice bunged in a load of Lubelski (??) hops and produced several barrels of a completely different beer . . . Got passed to the trade as 'Apprentice Ale' . . . . and became a standard beer as the customers liked it so much :roll:

Challenger is my all time favourite hop. No matter what mistakes you do during your brewing process Challenger will cover tham up.

P.S. I have no association at all with the Challenger Hop Growers Commitee.

P.P.S. I have a lot for Challenger hop plants for sale.

Aleman said:
That happened at Wibblers Brewery once - The apprentice bunged in a load of Lubelski (??) hops and produced several barrels of a completely different beer . . . Got passed to the trade as 'Apprentice Ale' . . . . and became a standard beer as the customers liked it so much :roll:

It was Marynka hops Tony. Accourding to our hop merchant we're now there biggest user of them in the UK. It's our flagship beer now outselling any of our others about 8 to 1.

Personally I've always found all of my cock up beers tend to be the best ones :whistle:

Latest posts

Back