Strawberry Ribena Wine & A Vimto Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheApprentice2011

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for taking the time to look, I'm a total newb and would like a make a 5 litre demi john of srawberry ribena wine and a 5 litre demi john of vimto wine. But I dont know what I will need to do this and what to add and how long to leave it. So if anyone has recipes for these and can help me please do. Thanks again

there are many different types of video's on youtube to do things like juice wine etc. the way i would try it (but not saying this is correct) is to get about 5 litres of vimto juice (pure) you got to make sure it doesnt have any preservatives in it otherwise it may not work. you then put in about 500g of sugar to every 2.5 litres you want to make (depending on the strength, this will give you about 9% volume of wine by the time you are able to bottle it) you then need to add some yeast to it, getting some wine yeast or champagne yeast from your local homebrewing shop or maybe a home and hardwear shop (mine has a lot on homebrewing). This fermentation could take from 5 days to a couple of weeks, best thing to do would be to get an hydrometer which mesures the specific gravity of the mash/wort(mix) you are making you then want to put it i the demijohn with an airlock in a warm place (i put it in my cuboard where my boiler is) after the fermentation has finished it (no bubbles rising to the surface) then bottle it into wine bottles and cork them with a handcork. i have tried this with the common "welch" juice which came out quite well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmuH8xWOJv4 << this is a good video to go around.. except changing the juice to vimto concentrate

this has given me an idea to try this myself so good luck to you! :)

Back