Bolier Thermometer - would this be ok?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyb

Regular.
Reaction score
Doing a bit of modifications to my boiler, I was wanting to add a temperature sensor without having to put my digital meat fork into the brew each time - so I can see at a glance the temperature (plus last time I dropped it in by accident, and now it's a bit hit and miss if it works).

I found one of these on ebay, and wonder if it would be good for the job? here - I think the probe will be long enough etc - any advice on this gratefully received.

I was going to get a tank connector and 1/2" BSP brass socket which the sensor will screw into etc.

For anyone interested, the thermometer turned up, and here's what it looks like:

IMG_0364_zps1c3dd894.jpg

Nice thermowell with a 1/2" thread and integrated nut:
IMG_0365_zpse79fb002.jpg

IMG_0366_zps3a0393fe.jpg

going to fit this using a standard tank connector
IMG_0367_zps82a6b667.jpg

just need to pick up a 1/2" bsp F to F socket:

IMG_0368_zps363bf690.jpg

Thanks for the pics... :thumb: better than the ones on flebay....I'm at the same stage ...modifications to my boiler, at that price I may get two. :lol:

Would really appreciated a pic heavy walk through when you mod your boiler :thumb:

bobsbeer said:
What's the diameter of the thermowell inside? Looks like it would fit my PT100? I was looking for a thermowell to fit that.

Interesting you should ask. The listed item was a wika gauge, although a different one came, i had a look at Wika, the thermowell outer diameter is about 11 or 12mm, the gauge stem is 9mm according to Wika
Here's the datasheet: http://www.wika.co.uk/upload/DS_TM5003_GB_5764.pdf

Inside diameter of the thermowell I reckon is a shade over 9mm as the stem is snug but not tight, a piece of 10mm copper pipe is too big to fit.

HTH

me too i have been looking for some to fit my pt100 :thumb: :thumb:

my pt100 is 5 mm thick and 100mm long with a 8mm thread :D :thumb:

bobsbeer said:
What's the diameter of the thermowell inside? Looks like it would fit my PT100? I was looking for a thermowell to fit that.

Hmmm.... Just measured the pt100 stem. It's 6mm so there will be an air gap of about 2mm around the stem in the thermowell. I wonder if that will work? Worth a try as I can't seem to find a thermowell that cheap.

Thanks for the pic. One ordered so we will see. At worst it can go in my boiler as is and give me an idea how fast it is heating up. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back