Bolier Thermometer - would this be ok?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right i have a twin pid unit one probe in hot water and other probe in thermo well i made ie in pics but :wha: :wha: probe in thermo well is +2 deg c above the probe that is in water
and yes both probs are same and set the same in pid units :wha: :wha:

tazuk said:
here ya go i will see wot this is like ill lets ya all know soon :thumb:

DSCF4955_zpsad93e9ad.jpg

DSCF4956_zps3155af10.jpg

DSCF4957_zpscba03f39.jpg

tazuk said:
right i have a twin pid unit one probe in hot water and other probe in thermo well i made ie in pics but :wha: :wha: probe in thermo well is +2 deg c above the probe that is in water
and yes both probs are same and set the same in pid units :wha: :wha:
You need to wait for the heat transfer through the thermowell, patience, it does happen!

Seems strange you get a higher temp from the thermowell probe. I would have thought it would have been the other way round. Not sure I can explain that one. Do you have both probes in the same part of the HLT. Could it be different temps in different depths of the water?

yup was in jug of water ???? will re try again tomorrow :thumb:

bobsbeer said:
Seems strange you get a higher temp from the thermowell probe. I would have thought it would have been the other way round. Not sure I can explain that one. Do you have both probes in the same part of the HLT. Could it be different temps in different depths of the water?

Latest posts

Back