Strawberry Ribena Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vdub85 said:
I got a batch of this in the dj! Does it always turn pretty murky 4 days in?

It's if it doesn't turn murky that you need to worry. The murkiness is a sign of fermentation happening :thumb:

This recipe sounds yum!!
Just a few questions if someone could answer for me...

Instead of cider yeast would i be able to use youngs yeast and nutrient?
Also once its in the demijohn do you just ferment it as you would for a wine?
And do you have to use Tannin? I've seen people replace it with strong tea, but how much would the equivalent be?
Thanks

After priming and bottling and the dreaded wait for 3 weeks for secondary fermentation, I had to try some. Was gorgeous. Had to put another one on on Friday because I have nearly finished it all. It's 8.6% do its potant. Would have more than 2 in one sitting! Very tastey, reccomend this. My only advice would be don't add any sugar until you know what the OG is! As you may have a brew like mine that I could probably sell to NASA.

Jd

I've stopped brewing lately as time is short! But this post has inspired me to have another go. Thanks guys.

im in the middle of trying this now have a dj of standard tc on the go at moment, my question is i have 1 litre of Ribena stawberry cordial which i want to add at the end of fermintation i know i have to boil it to remove the nastys, how much do you guys think i should add to the brew to give a not to strong taste of stawberry ?. Many thanks in advance for any input Knave

Latest posts

Back