Flow Controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belter said:
Ok my replacement LCD shield finally turned up and works perfectly. Thing is... when I start up my arduino the current volume just counts up continuously until it says "Target volume hit" This is with or without the sensor connected. Any ideas?

My two boards arrived today and I think my display is also knackered - maybe they sent me your first one. :shock:
I've just plugged the LCD shield directly to the main board. basic tests on the board without the LCD seem to work fine.
LCD powers up ok but has 16 soild character blocks across the screen.
Is this the same problem you had Belter?

Any of you guys got a final build done yet complete with fancy enclosure?
I've got all the bits now except for the box to put everything in.

What's the best options on the box?

No I got side tracked after I bought a mammoth set of scales and made this project slightly redindant. Still need a permanent water supply to my garage. My old man turned up with an electrical enclosure that has a clear front that's really long. Should be able to mount sideways and have a permanent view of what's going on inside.

naah got side tracked too, lol

however just trying to set the clock on mine with a tiny rtc is proving difficult, maybe it is a bad one from china :(

Hi,

Reviving an old thread I know, but I was wondering if there had been any advancements on this project?

I'm doing some testing and I'm stuck on a few points: when I hit the "up" or "down" buttons once on the shield, it is not increasing/decreasing the Target volume by 0.1 litres as it should, but rather by random increments (0.2 l, 0.5l, or even as high as 0.7l). Any solutions?

Also, when I get the "Valve closed Target hit" message, I'm not getting the target volume appearing on screen.

Cheers.

Yes indeed, it is a thread from the dead. The OP of the thread last logged in, in January so I don't think you'll be getting much response, Johhny (Welcome to the forum btw)

Hi,

Reviving an old thread I know, but I was wondering if there had been any advancements on this project?

I'm doing some testing and I'm stuck on a few points: when I hit the "up" or "down" buttons once on the shield, it is not increasing/decreasing the Target volume by 0.1 litres as it should, but rather by random increments (0.2 l, 0.5l, or even as high as 0.7l). Any solutions?

Also, when I get the "Valve closed Target hit" message, I'm not getting the target volume appearing on screen.

Cheers.

great lil project this, redundant with me as i finally opted to use weight and sit my tun on big scales to measure the grain in and the volume of strike and batch sparges..

However the inaccurate button presses sound like a debouncing problem, all explained in detail in the arduino playground and included in example sketches. when you press a button it also makes 'noise' as you press and release that can be detected as on or off..

and if you want the total displayed when target has been hit add it circa line 107 ;)

How hard would it be to replace the "up" and "down" button presses with a rotary encoder or potentiometer? I would like the ability to increase or decrease the set volume by turning a knob, rather than by pushing a button.

Any leads on how I would go about changing the sketch to accommodate for this feature?

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back