Show us your brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can find the answer if you nosy around the photobucket album.... page 6 holds the answer.

Hi
Well, here's my setup - very much on the 'cheap and cheerful' side! No other place to brew but the kitchen. I said in my Intro post (a long, long time ago) that I call it The Packer Way Brewery. I don't live on Packer Way, but, when I've finished brewing, and need the kitchen back, I have to, errrr, pack away :oops:

The lowest part of my HLT is in shot, along with the data lead of my control system - a probe alarm thermometer! If it looks pretty Heath Robinson, it works. Beer Engine keeps reporting that I get 90%+ efficiency :D

Here's the remainder - my FV, sitting atop a high shelf, so I can gravity fill the kegs. 2 x 23 litre kegs, and a PB, are each paired with a 19 litre corny, for 42 litres of finished beer. Brewlength is 45 litres, to allow for fermentation losses, and to fill a couple of bottles or so.

Missing link between boiler and FV is a coiled hose CFC. It replaces the MT on the chair, and has a Solar type pump fitted to take the wort up to the FV on its shelf.

I've shown you mine, now show me yours!! :lol:

Cheers,
Chris

There are some VERY impressive set-ups on here guys - I'm just a tad envious and would love something like that one day.

Makes the bucket on the floor of my office look reeeeally sad!! :cry:

I'm also feeling jealous but here's mine, kits and *cough* higher alcohol washes only for me. my wife bought me a day a London FIelds Brewery for Christmas and that's the only AG brew i've done...

and this is my current cellar...

brew.jpg

Havering-20140504-00114.jpg

Here's my current setup (right) and yesterday's delivery; 100ltr boiler (left).

On a campaign of a phased upgrade to a 100ltr nano over the next year or so, spurred on by some of the lovely breweries on this thread.

Next step is to get a 3KW element fitted and some sort of false bottom.

Anyway, must dash. Time to get a brew on!

image.jpg

Well, had a delivery of shiney from Rob at the Malt Miller on Friday. A new HLT and a new Boiler, 100l pots. Superb service from them as always.

IMG_20140511_155712589.jpg

HLT has two 2kw electric elements, I usually do overnight mashes, with the sparge water on a timeswitch to be ready in the morning (calculation is 1 element raises 1 gallon by 10C in a 90 seconds).

Boiler is 7.5kw gas - we'll see how this does next weekend in its inaugural brew.

Rest of brewery stays the same for the time being, however 70l thermopot is on the things to get next list. Here's the electrics...

IMG_20140511_155700961.jpg

On the right are two STC1000s, for controlling the heat to the FVs. I use thermal trace cable wrapped round the FV with aluminium bubble wrap on top. The trace cable is about 30 or 40W (I have 3 of different lengths). The 2 FVs have just had their cable/wrap removed for week 2 as they have just reached FG. Switches at the bottom control the 12v supply (2 LED transformers) to the pumps (you can see one at the bottom of first photo).

There's another STC1000 in the middle of the main panel - this is fused at 10A and used to power my previous HLT. I'll probably use it for one of the elements in the new one.

Yellow thing on top is a pH meter, very handy ebay purchase. Yellow gun to the left is my laser thermometer. ****, don't bother.

Thinking I need a fridge as well now, so can clear more quickly during the warmer months.

This is some of what I am at present using but am in the process of upgrading the whole shooting match. I have built am extension to my shed and am using part of the existing shed also for a fermenting room to keep temperatures right. When I get time I'll put some photy's of my new brew rooms.

some of my brew.

For the Mash I use a converted Coleman coolbox.

Hi Men,
Well this little brew magic is Beerspotters recipe development machine,anyone
Brewed on one of these sabcos before ?
Let me know if you have experienced a brew session on a sabco brew magic.
Best Leon.

image.jpg

OK i'll play too!

My brew bench started life like this:
1.png

But that had to go and was replaced with a 3 tier system:
2.png

This was my setup for 12-15 months. It was mounted on casters so could be rolled out onto the drive in the sunshine too! Brilliant!
Then I decided more upgrades were needed and the bench was dismantled and repurposed into...
3.png

Which is now home to my current system:
4.png

There are more upgrades in the pipeline as I've got two new 56l pots to replace the two 40l Buffalos. And really i'd like to source some sort of Stainless Steel worktop for the bench as the wood isn't ideal even after varnishing. Oh and a control panel for the new boilers. And an extraction system. And better electrics. And a roof that doesn't leak. And... And... :whistle:

DA

Back