the tom challenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickthebrew said:
T_S welcome to the...
tomato side!!!! :twisted: :lol:
Err thanks, but Moley was right those tomatoes are now 5 litres of home made cream of tomato soup :grin:
040.jpg

I may make beer with chicken in, but tomato wine just doesn't appeal sorry :)

weyhey! a winner........... dont forget this was my idea lalalalalalala :party: :party:

mines only at1.040 so still needs some time but did have a taste and could be reasonable ( reasonable is all i asked for not perfect) so happy days!!! :party:

Well ive finally got round to buying the ingredients for my attempt at the tomato challenge been working wierd shifts so im a bit behind you guys i'll post some pics tomorrow when i make a start should be fun
Am i allowed to share my recipie r is it a secret till the tasting ???

alandkell said:
share it everyone else seems to have!
Well my initial idea is to use
3 ltr pure tomato juice
1.5 ltr pure apple juice
1 ltr pure black grape juice
Champangne yeast
possibly sugar depending how it tastes before pitching the yeast
What do you think any concerns or suggestions greatly accepted

apple juice will be fine - i`ve done a juice wine with 1 litre of apple and 1 litre of white grape and water and sugar that was a great white wine ;) I would definetley add some sugar you want your OG around the 1090 mark to give you about 13% :cool: A gallon will need around 800g to 1000g of sugar depending on how much sugar in your juices - as your using a lot of juice i guess around 600g sugar :thumb:

GOOD LUCK :whistle:

rickthebrew said:
apple juice will be fine - i`ve done a juice wine with 1 litre of apple and 1 litre of white grape and water and sugar that was a great white wine ;) I would definetley add some sugar you want your OG around the 1090 mark to give you about 13% :cool: A gallon will need around 800g to 1000g of sugar depending on how much sugar in your juices - as your using a lot of juice i guess around 600g sugar :thumb:

GOOD LUCK :whistle:
Thanks Rick so the recipie sounds ok ??

was deffo a good question well raised though even if i do say so myself! :thumb: go for it dude hope it turns out nice!

this is being edited as for fermenting time on tom challenge i have no dea but i tried to answer the question before but it came with an answer for another thread! :oops: but just let it do its rounds and back sweeten if nesscesary i tasted mine the other day at around 1.030 and it wasnt too unpleasnt but given time could actually be quite nice i think! but i am no connosieur more a discerning alcoholic so anything goes really! :cheers: :?

Latest posts

Back