Henry The Protector Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
At 6.4% this is not a session beer!

HTPaleAle.jpg

Opened with a nice hiss, and an citrussy aroma . . . . Poured well, but couldn't get a full pint due to loose sediment in the bottle, little head formation. Lovely golden orange colour . . . indicating some wort caramelisation has undergone. . . . some haze present, but not a complete failure of the Feck Test

First sip showed an excessive carbonation, so I knocked it back with my pocket beer engine, producing a good head which clung to the side of the glass good lacing.

Orangy marmalade on the nose, with a little bit of burnt toffee. Good malt profile, with excellent body . . . bitterness follows the hit of 'C' hop flavour, but fades leaving a nice after taste. . . .

Overall an excellent sipping beer . . . perhaps a little unbalanced, and could do with more bitterness . . . chewy . . . . Alcoholic. . . . A bit out of my comfort zone really

For a first All Grain this is a very nice beer . . . Thanks for letting me try it.

tubby_shaw said:
garwatts said:
Who brewed it then? Any recipe at all? :cheers:
THIS is the brewday thread :thumb:
Cheers Tubby :thumb: I did a search for "Henry The Protector Pale Ale" - didn't realise it had a pseudonym "Tubby's Pale Protector " ;)
Funnily enough I have just bought some Northdown and Challenger.......

Thanks Aleman great review, it was a bit strong as I got my liquor/sparge quants slightly out and lost a bit more than expected to grain etc.

Have brewed it again and got a 4.8% brew which will be 4 weeks in the bottle this weekend.

And a big thank you to Tubby Too! :cheers:

Back