Tesco Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just done my first one. 3-teabag for tannin, 210g sugar, 1l Tesco cloudy apple juice, 3.5l ev juice, Gervins high alcohol yeast. OG 1062. If it gets to 1010, 6.9%. Fingers crossed!

I had a sneaky taste (half a 500ml bottle) of the TC I made with the special offer Del Monte AJ. I made three versions -no sugar, 80 grams and 160 grams (I think). I tested the one without sugar which is 5.9%. Crystal clear, nice fizz and no sediment I could make out.

Tastes like cider :razz: Very dry though, a bit of non-fermentable sweetner would have improved it.

Checked mine this morning - bubbling every second or so at the moment. Looks like the Gervins is doing the trick!

By the pint. Cooking tea - chicken madras risotto should be very interesting. Especially because I was supposed to be doing pizza!!

I bottled 15L of TC on Saturday and put on another 16L same day. I used Wilko wine yeast on this one and it kicked of immediately, on my first one I used a sachet of Coopers Yeast on each one of my two 8L DJ's and that went mental as well. They're blubbing away like mad under the kitchen table and my Coopers English Bitter is doing the same in the cupboard under the stairs, happy days!!!

Morrisons do a decent grape, apple and raspberry 100% juice its my favourite wine yet a nice rose only £1.20 for 2 litres plus its 40% white grape and 10% red grape ps I love the wow thread Chippy Tea great stuff also beetroot and apple came out well was really surprised with it

Glad you have found the wow thread useful.

How many litres of the fifty percent juice do you use in each DJ?

Oh I never use 50% juice the juice is 100% it is 40% white grape 10% red grape, 35% apple and 15% raspberry which is perfect for a rose wine I use 3 litres and top up with water got more to start today :smile:

Oh I never use 50% juice the juice is 100% it is 40% white grape 10% red grape, 35% apple and 15% raspberry which is perfect for a rose wine I use 3 litres and top up with water got more to start today :smile:

This works well with just two litres and 800g sugar too.

I'm drinking an apple and blackcurrant one at the moment and have an apple and grapefruit one to rack off hopefully that one comes out well I noticed you (frogbrew) say its a good one

It gets the thick brain like stuff on the top as I read in one of your posts chippy its probably the raspberry puree like a dirty fermentation but it turns out lovely :drunk:

The RGJ and apple/strawberry ones I have made have had the most sediment, the strawberry is from puree.

This is awesome. I think I'll try out an apple and strawberry TC.

Whats the taste difference between actual cider yeast and wine yeast as I've got some Wilko wine yeast?

I think I'll also convert my Ashbeck 5L bottle as a trial fermenter.

Latest posts

Back