And so it begins.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snail59 said:
corby_brewer said:
Have you decided what your first brew is going to be?

Im going to try this.
recipeview.php?recipe_id=3
I enjoyed Wolf Brewery's Honey Beer and this looks like it could be close to that. Oh and it looks rather un complicated with not to many stages for hoping and the like :D

Now that is a nice drink, i was lucky enough to get a couple of bottles of Muddydisco the first time i met him. But im sure that he said the next time he brewed it he was going to double up on the honey.

Good luck with the brewday :cheers: Recipe looks like one i`d like to try - i`m off on holiday for a week so will be looking forward to your brewday pics when i get home :drink:

have a good one :drunk:

corby_brewer said:
Now that is a nice drink, i was lucky enough to get a couple of bottles of Muddydisco the first time i met him. But im sure that he said the next time he brewed it he was going to double up on the honey.

Thanks for the Heads up on the Honey C-B. Im gonna stick to the original for now and see how it goes. Do you know if Muddy D did a brewday post when he did this brew??????.

rickthebrew said:
Good luck with the brewday :cheers: Recipe looks like one i`d like to try - i`m off on holiday for a week so will be looking forward to your brewday pics when i get home :drink:

have a good one :drunk:

Have a good holiday Rick. If I dont get too flustered I will try to do a Brewday post with Pic's :D

Evening chaps,

Now i was going to ask what equipment would be required, if i wanted to try an AG brew, (even though i have only just really started this hobby)

Having seen the photo's and the amount of space required. I think i will stick with kit brews for the time being. Plus i really wouldn't know where to start.

I'm sure AG brewing is the way to go, but justifying the space taken up, and expense to my significant other will rule this out for now. I do however want to give this a go so i will be back sometime later.

Cheers

Real Ale Rascal

There is a stage between full kit and AG brewing. You can buy malt bases and hops separately, from what I understand you boil the hops in water then add to the bases in the FV.

It's not real AG but it should give you a level of control that more closely approximates it.

Samarith said:
There is a stage between full kit and AG brewing. You can buy malt bases and hops separately, from what I understand you boil the hops in water then add to the bases in the FV.

It's not real AG but it should give you a level of control that more closely approximates it.

Samarith is right, its called Extract brewing. But in my honest opinion you would be better going straight into AG brewing, as extract works out more expencive than AG. And again, it only my opinion but the results from extract are only slightly better than a premium kit brew.

real ale rascal said:
OK thanks guys,

so what are the bare essentials i would need, and an approximate cost?

Real ale rascal

If your going down the extract road all you will need is a boiler / stock pot which will hold around 25ltr. At a cost of around £10 - 20

Back