Geterbrewed Craft-A-Beer Giveaway (Wheat)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcarm

Regular.
Reaction score
Received my prize yesterday, thanks to all involved in getting it to me.

Much the same as the other kits, mine came with 2 tins of wheat malt, hop flavourings, bitter orange peel, coriander seeds, 3 hop teabags (tettnang & challenger) and yeast (safbrew wb-06).

The instructions are ok, the only issue I had was they do not mention anything about the peel or seeds, so I was unaware of when to add them. I contacted geterbrewed on facebook and they were pretty quick in responding, saying I should add them at start of fermentation.

I think the majority of people on here know how to make a kit so I don't think I need to post step by step pictures. I'm going to make this according to the instructions, so will be topping up to the full 23l and not brewing short.

I will be making this tomorrow night, I have bought loads of Tesco water as my water here is very hard and not that great for brewing.

20151014_181435.jpg

Made this morning, already bubbling away in the fridge set at 19 degrees. Nice smell of orange coming from th FV.

Bottled this last weekend, initial taste of the sample jar was nice, definitely taste the orange and coriander.

Will update when I have the first sample.

Had a sneaky sample this evening and it is so much nicer than when I bottled.

Decent head retention, lasting all the way to the end.

Definitely taste the orange and coriander.

It's not something I would normally choose to make, but it's turned out nice.

It's going into the garage for a few weeks now to see if it improves.

Latest posts

Back