Turbo cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noted. One more question. Given that different juices can have different sugar content, what should be the ratio of sugar content of the mixture at the time of adding yeast? :)

Depends a bit on how strong (abv) you want it, and if you are intending to make it fizzy

Apple juice on its own (11 ish g sugar per 100ml), will give you a SG of 1.045, or nearly 6% abv when fermented out to 1.000

My next intended cider to make 25L of about 5.2% strength, will use a total sugar content of about 2.5KG (from the juices). That's going to be primed with fruit syrup to add a bit of sparkle :thumb: I'm adding 25% water to try and tone down the ABV a bit :whistle:

recipe here if it helps

5% cider.JPG

Mine goes on tonight. Didn't have new yeast delivered yesterday should be there today. 25%water and tea. I question how many tea bags is needed for 25l
Is 5 enough I used 2 for 5l. So surely 10 for 25l?????

Mine goes on tonight. Didn't have new yeast delivered yesterday should be there today. 25%water and tea. I question how many tea bags is needed for 25l
Is 5 enough I used 2 for 5l. So surely 10 for 25l?????
I use 5 bags stewed in a litre of water 😃

You won't be disappointed if you followed roddys recipe. Water dependant on strength required. 5.5 ish all the way for me which is 25% water. What yeast did you use.

Ok I used gv4 last time. New yeast this time used a sweetener yeast in this thread I think so will report difference. Do you plan to carb with syrup.

Ok I used gv4 last time. New yeast this time used a sweetener yeast in this thread I think so will report difference. Do you plan to carb with syrup.

Yup, at least part of the bottles to see exactly what is the difference :)

BTW, how long until fermentation visibly begins at around 19-20C?

Mine in about 22deg and within hour or so. How long since adding yeast

24 hours later there is movement in the airlock (I've got the quiet type on)!

So, do you guys recommend to bottle straight after fermentation is finished?

Also, which 1L plastic bottles? Is colour important? :)

I would bottle in what I have but a couple in clear glass or plastic will let you see how clear.
Once fermented rack into another vessel then prime
Then bottle immediately. Or at least that's what I did and tastes good

Opinions please
I've steeped cinnamon sticks and cloves in about a mug off dark rum
to flavour my TC just before bottling, I'am having second thoughts
What you think
Good or bad

Latest posts

Back