Bruphoria: Wit or Witout you

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toredan

Reaction score
Was lucky enough to win this on the latest giveaway. (Thanks MM!)

Arrived well packed, all void spaces in the box were filled with cardboard so +1 for shipping. In all the hobbies I've had over the years I've received plenty of packages that were exceedingly poor, but not this one!

Instructions were clearly written. As others have said perhaps a FG would be a good idea. Mine ended up at 1.012 after two weeks of fermenting.

I've developed a habit with kits, I usually dilute the wort to 20L then test my SG and dilute further if I can. With this kit I was told to dilute up to 23L but at the 20L mark my SG was 1.040 so I really didn't want it to be weaker so left it at 20L.

In the instructions it's clearly written that there is '1' hop pack to put into the FV on day 10 however there are actually 3 in the bag. 2 with hops and 1 with orange peel and something spicy :) (didn't notice till I came to throw the pack away!) Came with quite a nice yeast so over all I was pleased, roughly ��£27 pounds including delivery is quite good for a kit since the new Young's kits are ��£25-27 before postage. (If I hadn't won it)

Was just bottled 20 minutes ago with 1/2 a teaspoon of brewing sugar in the 500ml bottles and 1/3rd a teaspoon in the 330ml bottles. Taste at bottling is quite a nice orange and spicy tang. Will update in 2 weeks when I taste the first bottle.

First review of a product so be gentle, if anyone's got any questions let me know :) Now to try the Dead Phony I ordered, then I'll be sorted with beer till at least the new year!

WP_20151031_14_05_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20151106_08_54_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20151031_14_06_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20151111_16_52_06_Pro.jpg

One thing I forgot to note, when filling my first bottle I filled to the shoulder and dropped in the dextrose which sent the beer off like a fountain. Not entirely sure why, none of the previous kits or AG I've made have done this. They all foam up but this one went off too quick for me to even put the bottle down. Rest of the bottles were half filled, then added sugar and continued filling. Seemed to be fine after that :)

Back