Got it going , well started anyways !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrrrr going to have to go to Tescos at lunch and make yet another batch tonight. I have an entire room taken up with brewing. SWMBO is being patient so far [emoji12]

So a quick question if I make a batch that turns out to be say 9% can I just add more apple juice when bottling to reduce this or would that make it ferment too much in bottle. Thanks

So a quick question if I make a batch that turns out to be say 9% can I just add more apple juice when bottling to reduce this or would that make it ferment too much in bottle. Thanks

that'll just add more ABV, if you're having it fizzy (ie not stabilising it)..

I think the only way to reduce ABV is to add volume without sugar, so water, in other words, but you'll sacrifice some flavour obviously :-(

I say just drink it and put it down to experience (or fall down to experience hehe) :mrgreen:

Ok so Better would be remove extra sugar at start and ferment to lower then bottle with syrup for fizz which will give both carbonation and an increase in abv correct?

8/9% is a cheap night [emoji23][emoji23]

I'll be looking to lower my ABV in my next one !

Idea right now is cinnamon and ginger for Xmas and just prime with sugar

Got a question for you seasoned Brewers tho I work away for two weeks at a time, so say I make a batch just before I leave and let it ferment while I'm away with the aim to prime and bottle once home. Would it be okay sitting even if it's finished fermenting in like 9/10 days or with it get a rotten taste ?

8/9% is a cheap night [emoji23][emoji23]

I'll be looking to lower my ABV in my next one !

Idea right now is cinnamon and ginger for Xmas and just prime with sugar

Got a question for you seasoned Brewers tho I work away for two weeks at a time, so say I make a batch just before I leave and let it ferment while I'm away with the aim to prime and bottle once home. Would it be okay sitting even if it's finished fermenting in like 9/10 days or with it get a rotten taste ?
it's been OK to leave it for a bit in my (limited) experience anyway 😃

Ok so Better would be remove extra sugar at start and ferment to lower then bottle with syrup for fizz which will give both carbonation and an increase in abv correct?
yeh just start with the AJ, if it's all AJ and no water, you'll have nearly 6% abv already (when it finishes to 1.000)

If you like it weak, add some water in and serve in a tall glass with some little umbrellas 😅 and your pinkie out 😃

yeh just start with the AJ, if it's all AJ and no water, you'll have nearly 6% abv already (when it finishes to 1.000)

If you like it weak, add some water in and serve in a tall glass with some little umbrellas [emoji28] and your pinkie out [emoji2]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cheeky f........ Lol
Not against strong stuff but daughter and Missus also drink it and just don't like it so strong.
Could always take up drinking shandy I guess lol

If you like it weak, add some water in and serve in a tall glass with some little umbrellas [emoji28] and your pinkie out [emoji2]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cheeky f........ Lol
Not against strong stuff but daughter and Missus also drink it and just don't like it so strong.
Could always take up drinking shandy I guess lol
haha 😊

yeh I've made a few around the 5% mark that come out quite well (not so dry I think), better for the laydeees

Quick one ! See if you stop fermentation at desired % or sweetness could you then recarb for some fizz?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] cheers guys

Never had flat cider before [emoji58] maybe try it after all this is all experimental ehh

Just copied rasp turbo recipe. Whole family agrees smells delicious.
I started making wow and turbo cider Saturday. Now have 7 djs on the go. (Shame I've run out). Man this games addictive.

02a124383fe6bfe00cbf2f7080b62c66.jpg

e490e5fa29a0aaa664479c20a24495fb.jpg

And bottled [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] it's surprisingly refreshing to taste atm hopefully more of the raspberry comes threw a little more once it sits for a few weeks [emoji106]

looks barrie 😄

how much syrup did you prime with in the end ? should go nice and clear in a week in the warm

65ml like you suggested [emoji106]

Hopefully turn out good, looks and tastes good for first attempt, intrigued in how to do a strawberry and lime one, I had to polish off two bottles last night you see and it got me thinking I know I can get strawberry syrup but the limes [emoji53]

Back