Got it going , well started anyways !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many days before bottling my apple tc is slowing to 2 a min on airlock after just 4 days but looks cloudy as hell. Mind I put sugar in that. But my rasp Apple 2 days already looks clearer same apple juice what did I do wrong on just Apple

Mines is still cloudy should clear in bottles mines took 5 days to get to 1.000 steady I batch primed with 65ml of syrup and then bottle now tucked away somewhere warm to fizz up before going in loft till I'm back to drink them [emoji106]

Nothing like your pic. But the Apple and rasp looks more like yours after only 2 days. Would the extra sugar do this but if so why nearly finished after 4 days

58f93a6f15ccca0fe61ea1cdde7a8135.jpg

That's how my apple one looks mate [emoji108]🏼 take your readings and if it stays the same over two days it's done [emoji106]

Checked my bottles today and there's some sediment in the bottom very small amount but is that normal ?

Anyway to minimise this ?

Checked my bottles today and there's some sediment in the bottom very small amount but is that normal ?

Anyway to minimise this ?
That's a by-product of the secondary fermentation (carbonation), not too much you can do apart from minimise the amount of sediment you pick up when racking/bottling

It does pack down though so you'll get a clean pint when you pour, if you stop pouring just before the sediment starts flowing...... there's a knack haha

That's a by-product of the secondary fermentation (carbonation), not too much you can do apart from minimise the amount of sediment you pick up when racking/bottling

It does pack down though so you'll get a clean pint when you pour, if you stop pouring just before the sediment starts flowing...... there's a knack haha

I can deal with that as long as I know I didn't do too much wrong [emoji106] I'm sure I'll pick up the knack at this rate [emoji6]

Ok all I just have to write this. I have taken my first sip of first batch of basic tc recipe apple juice and a little sugar etc. I've worked out I spent about £2.50 to make 5 litres.

(I hate this abbreviation)
OMG. IT SMASHES SHOP BOUGHT CIDER
For £0.25 a pint. Happy boy

Hi all didn't get bottles last night still have a few questions. Do you guys rack then leave a few days then bottle or bottle straight from primary. I wanted to batch prime so I guess racking needs to be done. How much sugar would you add per 5 ltr batch.

I rack, prime and bottle straight away

I do about 6g of sugar per 500ml bottle, which is on the fizzier end of the range

Cool do you dissolve sugar then add? If so how much water. Sorry for all the questions
you could just dissolve in as much AJ as you can get away with, heated slightly (pan on the hob)

I've done that before and by dissolving in a bit of the cider too (same method)

Cool thanks. Just had a decent glass of the stuff. Chilled as there was a bit left over. Like my cider cold. My only comment would be a bit sharp. Nice but could do with the edge taking off it slightly. Wonder if that will happen as conditions.
It is refreshing though.

Cool thanks. Just had a decent glass of the stuff. Chilled as there was a bit left over. Like my cider cold. My only comment would be a bit sharp. Nice but could do with the edge taking off it slightly. Wonder if that will happen as conditions.
It is refreshing though.

yes, my cider was sharp even after a couple of weeks carbonating. It has got much better now. It will get better with age, if you can keep it that long.

yes, my cider was sharp even after a couple of weeks carbonating. It has got much better now. It will get better with age, if you can keep it that long.
yeh it is a bit rough to start with, amazing what you get used to hehe

Hey I can cope. Just gonna put 23ltrs of if on to get a stock
I've been brewing less that 2 months and I have 80 pints bitter conditioning. 20 pints turbo c bottled. 80 pints lager conditioning
40 pints stout conditioning. 60 bottles of Pinot from kits bottled. 40 pints bitter ready to bottle
23 litres wow variants fermenting
And tonight 23 ltre batch of turbo cider going in.

It's a full time job to get a stock. Isn't it.

Hey I can cope. Just gonna put 23ltrs of if on to get a stock
I've been brewing less that 2 months and I have 80 pints bitter conditioning. 20 pints turbo c bottled. 80 pints lager conditioning
40 pints stout conditioning. 60 bottles of Pinot from kits bottled. 40 pints bitter ready to bottle
23 litres wow variants fermenting
And tonight 23 ltre batch of turbo cider going in.

It's a full time job to get a stock. Isn't it.
you better hope it all doesn't taste like sheeeeeiìììttt eh hehe

Latest posts

Back