Brew night: Prosecco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
here goes nothing, well my first sparkling attempt anyway....

9L Lidl apple (5.28)
3l Lidl red grape (2.97)
1L Strong tea
5tsp pectolase
4kg sugar (1.80)
8g Harvest SN9 wine yeast (1.50)

cost of that stuff £11.55 😃

og 1.090 so est abv about 13%

doesn't look very prosecco coloured mind you 😃

b1b5bdff2b32d2151c65c633ca00d7a7.jpg

I can't keep up with your brews, Roddy - you're awesome LOL !

I started a Prosecco / sparkling wine on Tuesday - pretty much the same recipe but I didn't add the tea. Do you reckon that'll be a cause for concern?

hello Roddy,
like the brew m8!
can you steer me the right direction to with ingredients attempt a single DJ (5l)?
ill hopeful put on my wish list, so far ive got too many recipes and the kits in my heads lol.
thanks pal,
ATB
Brian

I can't keep up with your brews, Roddy - you're awesome LOL !

I started a Prosecco / sparkling wine on Tuesday - pretty much the same recipe but I didn't add the tea. Do you reckon that'll be a cause for concern?
nah don't reckon so, i have a wow on the go that I forgot the tea in so I'll soon find out for myself !

hello Roddy,
like the brew m8!
can you steer me the right direction to with ingredients attempt a single DJ (5l)?
ill hopeful put on my wish list, so far ive got too many recipes and the kits in my heads lol.
thanks pal,
ATB
Brian
think divided by 5 it's....

1.5L apple
0.5L red grape
mug of tea
800g sugar
1 tsp pectolase
top up to shoulder
Some sort of sparkling wine yeast

should do the trick

hello Roddy,
like the brew m8!
thanks pal,
ATB
Brian
think divided by 5 it's....

1.5L apple
0.5L red grape
mug of tea
800g sugar
1 tsp pectolase
top up to shoulder
Some sort of sparkling wine yeast

should do the trick

I took a reading on mine last week & it was somewhere between .998 - 1.000 so I racked it off & it has cleared a treat. I'm looking to bottle it. I've run out of 'pressurized' plastic bottles due to filling them with beer & lager - so I ordered some 'champagne' bottles from Amazon & they arrived yesterday with the corks, wire cagey things etc .. I just am not sure on how to get the corks in - they're mushroom shaped. So, how are you going to bottle yours? And have you got any ideas on the corks, whether I need a corker or if I have to soak them in a glycerine solution. I've tried searching the forum. If you haven't got a clue, maybe Chippy can help?! Pleeeeeease :)

I took a reading on mine last week & it was somewhere between .998 - 1.000 so I racked it off & it has cleared a treat. I'm looking to bottle it. I've run out of 'pressurized' plastic bottles due to filling them with beer & lager - so I ordered some 'champagne' bottles from Amazon & they arrived yesterday with the corks, wire cagey things etc .. I just am not sure on how to get the corks in - they're mushroom shaped. So, how are you going to bottle yours? And have you got any ideas on the corks, whether I need a corker or if I have to soak them in a glycerine solution. I've tried searching the forum. If you haven't got a clue, maybe Chippy can help?! Pleeeeeease :)
hmm champagne corks.. no idea I'm afraid 😢 I gave up on glass/corks pretty quickly ! I've got 40 odd coopers brown pet bottles standing by for this one 😃

Did yours clear by itself ? how long did it take after racking? did you use finings ?

I started mine on the 10th November - and it had finished fermenting & had started to clear by the 22nd - which I was a bit shocked at - but I went with it! It was clearing quite well, but I added some finings to hurry it up & it's pretty much crystal clear now.
Weird how things work - I started a red grape juice WOW at the end of October & it's still bubbling a little now.

Hello Roddy,
I've started for recipe that you gave me.
For some reason I 'Flapped' like a bird thinking I got the wrong grapes.....for some reason I thought I needed white grapes not red....
Ohhhh! Well a day in my life is full!!
Me banana wine is using red grapes consitrate..and I panick with that!!!
Got love a trier!
ATB
Brian

Hello Roddy,
I've started for recipe that you gave me.
For some reason I 'Flapped' like a bird thinking I got the wrong grapes.....for some reason I thought I needed white grapes not red....
Ohhhh! Well a day in my life is full!!
Me banana wine is using red grapes consitrate..and I panick with that!!!
Got love a trier!
ATB
Brian
yeh I thought about using white grapes too but wanted to stick to the original recipe that someone had posted (plus I couldn't be ars*d going all the way to Waitrose to get some!)

yeh I thought about using white grapes too but wanted to stick to the original recipe that someone had posted (plus I couldn't be ars*d going all the way to Waitrose to get some!)

Lol,
My learning is harder than I thought would be! Retention is lacking unfortunately...ha ha!
ATB
Bri

I guess it should really be made using white grape juice as prosecco is a sparkling white wine, Italy's version of champagne.

Roddy, Looch, are you stopping around 1.000 and adding sugar when bottling to get fizz? or is it fermented to finish and a still wine?

Back