Cheshire Brew Crew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The game is afoot!
January's meeting saw the setting of our 2nd annual Recipe Roulette competition! After the success last year we broadened the scope of the competition and accepted 7 entries from the Liverpool Homebrew Club to give us a total of 17 randomly selected entries for the 2017 comp!
You can see the full list of entries and read more about our meeting on our blog here
Competition judging will be carried out by a crack team of independent judges on March 30th at the March meet and the prize pot currently contains around �£100 various vouchers (courtesy of BrewUK, Maltmiller, Cellar Bar), a goodie bag from the folks at Grainfather and (most excitingly) the winning beer will be brewed commercially by our friends at Top Rope Brewing and made available over the bar at Cellar Bar and Black Lodge in Liverpool (tbc)!

Exciting times!
Now I need to figure out an award winning recipe for a Simcoe and Chilli Beer! ;)
DA

UPDATE:
We have 18 confirmed recipe picks and thanks to the amazing generosity of Cellar Bar, Top Rope Brewing, Brewhouse & Kitchen, Grainfather, BrewUK and Malt Miller those homebrewers are competing for a prize pot which is pretty darn amazing! So, here we go!

1st place
Your beer commercially brewed by our friends at Top Rope Brewing!
A Brewhouse & Kitchen Beer Masterclass for four people
£20 Cellar Bar Voucher
A Grainfather Growler & Yeast selection

2nd place
£25 BrewUK Voucher
£10 Cellar Bar Voucher
A Brewhouse & Kitchen Growler & TShirt

3rd Place
£25 MaltMiller Voucher
£10 Cellar Bar Voucher
A Brewhouse & Kitchen Glass & Keyring

Now I think you’ll agree, that is something a bit special!

My Simcoe and Chilli DIPA was bottled last night, fingers crossed!
DA

Oops... so I don't appear to have posted here about our club since February! *pats on back* well done me... :oops:
So what has happened since then... Beer. A lot of beer...

In March, we hosted our 2nd Recipe Roulette Competition with 16 entries from members of both the Cheshire Brew Crew and the Liverpool Homebrew club. The champion beer, as judged by our independent panel, was Cheshire Chris's "Grains of Paradise Wit" and part of his prize pot was to have this beer brewed commercially by our friends at Top Rope Brewing and for it to go on tap at Cellar Bar later in the year! Brilliant!

Fast forward 5 months and... that beer has been brewed and it ready and waiting to go on sale just in time for this months meeting!

Also, by way of a warning, this months meet is one week earlier than normal and we'll be meeting at Cellar Bar, Chester on Thursday 24th August at 7:30pm.
Everybody is welcome so if you'd like to join us please just pop me a message or turn up on the night!

Cheers
Ben

Is this club still going?

Hi!
Yes, we're still going strong but always looking for new folks to come down and join us!

Our next meet is going to be Thursday October 19th, 7:30pm (ish) at Cellar Bar, Chester.

It's a week earlier than advertised this month as we have a few people unavailable on the normal 'final Thursday' date but it'll be a general bottle swap/tasting session as usual.

Hope you can make it down?
Cheers
Ben

Will have to see, Work permitting me and a friend will try and make it down

We're back!
Well, to be honest we were never away, I just had no time whatsoever to post online about the club and what we were doing!

Or next meetup is January 31st at Cellar Bar, Chester. 7:30pm start if you want to come down!

It'll be the usual brew tasting session but with the added excitement of drawing our entries for Recipe Roulette 2019!
This is our annual competition where each entrant draws a hop at random, and an other ingredient (think chocolate, chilli, herbs, fruit etc) and brews a beer! They can pick any style they want but the only rule is you must be able to taste both ingredients!
The beers will be judged in April by a crack panel of industry professionals and we have an amazing prize pot coming together this year with contributions from Grainfather, Brewdog and Top Rope Brewing so far... The top prize being a brewday at Top Rope making your beer with them on their commercial kit! Not bad eh?!

If you'd like to come down and see what it's all about, or if you have any questions please pop me a message on here or PM me direct!
Cheers!

Ben

Latest posts

Back