Mango & raspberry cider idea and Lowicz syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klemay83

Reaction score
Ok, so after having a slight misshap in the kitchen last night when bottling my beer ( bottle exploded , beer everywhere...you get the picture) I decided to get back in the good books with my good lady and make her a mango and raspberry cider this weekend.

My idea is: 5L batch

3L apple juice
1L Mango juice (Rubicon)
200g frozen raspberries
Lowicz Raspberry syrup
cup of tannin tea
1tsp malice acid
1tsp yeast nutrient
6g Cider yeast

How does it sound?

It's the first time I'm using the Lowicz syrup and just wondered how best to use it?and how much?

I'm not so sure about the Lowicz versions, the NAS squashes seem to be better, a quick taste test of my two yesterday, the one with a bottle of raspberry lowicz was not as much flavour as the bottle of squash one and is still dry whereas the squash one was just right.

And with 4L of juice and raspberries and lowicz it might be a bit strong, unless ya missus likes strong cider

I might save the syrup for priming then... I wasn't sure how much flavour the frozen raspberries would give off.

I'm going to crack on with this this afternoon. recipe as above ,but adding 1tsp of pectolase as well. I'll save the syrup for priming(10ml per 500ml bottle)

Is it worth mashing up the raspberries, or just chuck em in whole?

I racked this into a clean FV last night , to get rid of the raspberries that were on top. It had stopped bubbling so vigorously for 2 days so decided to get get rid of the floating raspberries , which had gone white... After i racked it I topped up with 1/2 a litre of AJ and 1/2 a litre of Mango juice. The taste of it was good, but I feel it needed the extra mango juice. Today it's been bubbling away like crazy again and krausen on top.... The O.G was 1062, and when I racked it it was 1000. I'll leave it now for two weeks then prime and bottle.

Latest posts

Back