DIY Dog v2.0 - all 2016 recipes added

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notlaw

Dubbel Dragon
Reaction score
Just got this email from BrewDog

A few weeks ago, we unveiled DIY Dog, whereby we made available the full, detailed recipes and back stories behind every BrewDog beer ever made, stretching from the first ever brew of Punk IPA, to the most recent addition to our range of Headliners, Jet Black Heart, and everything in between.
Today, DIY Dog is getting revamped as we launch
DIY Dog v2.0 releasing the recipes of all our 2016 brews - including every beer we are yet to launch!
Now you can drink our beer before we do!
You can get your digital hands on this open-source homebrewing bible right here!

Had a quick look through the new brews for 2016. Jack Hammer is going to be used quite heavily as a base for experimentation by the looks of things. Suprising they didn't choose the Punk name to experiment with. Also chillies and barrel-aging seems to be the order of the day.

Another great gesture and ramps up my excitement for the AGM this weekend.

I made the Hardcore IPA and it turned out excellent.

I see they've added Ace of Simcoe in the new version. Think I'll give that a go next.

The cynic in me thinks they released V1.0 to get some crowd sourced proofreading before sending it to the printers. And V2.0 is released to get feedback on new beers without actually having to brew them.

I see they've added Ace of Simcoe in the new version.

I accidentally bought a load of Simcoe last week, so this is getting brewed, cynical crowd sourced beta testing or not!

They've stated they're not going to be selling it (although I'd happily pay money for it). Only printed copies will be given to new investors. And they've already brewed all of the 2016 beers, just not released them all yet.

It's not listed alongside the hops. It's down the left where they have the "twist" section.

A little confusing since some of the other recipes have additions in with the hops.

Just stumbled across this. I think it's great that these guys want to give back to the home brewing community. I am a fan of Brewdog and had no idea they had so many beers! A great read, shame it's not available to buy properly printed. My printer is crying in the corner of the room with just the thought of printing 200 pages in color!

Call me cynical if you like but I imagine that it's got more to do with harvesting email addresses than altruism on their part. I don't imagine there's another database like it insofar as this particular market goes. It's probably worth a fortune in the right hands and Brewdog certainly seem like the kind of people able to capitalise on such an asset, so no need to print or market it. I've been bombarded with share issue flyers since downloading it, and I imagine that's just the start. Nice to have though.

Call me cynical if you like but I imagine that it's got more to do with harvesting email addresses than altruism on their part. I don't imagine there's another database like it insofar as this particular market goes. It's probably worth a fortune in the right hands and Brewdog certainly seem like the kind of people able to capitalise on such an asset, so no need to print or market it. I've been bombarded with share issue flyers since downloading it, and I imagine that's just the start. Nice to have though.

Theres' much cynicism in the other brewdog thread as to why they've done this. So your not alone

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60760&page=18

I am sure I didn't enter a email address for version one. If I did it wasn't my own

The original one didn't need an email address IIRC(the one with the errors). I think that only came in when they updated the recipes and published "101".

Since DIY Dog came out I've been drinking my way though as many brewdog beers as I can find, and reading through the recipes at the same time. Was great to see a new one in Tescos today, called Mr. President, and it does taste pretty darn good, but I can't find it in either version of DIY Dog. I thought all the 2016 ones were suppose to be in the most recent one.

Its brewdog hard-core with a name/label just for Tesco. I made the recipe a few weeks ago and it was spot on!

Ha! Is that what they are calling it now? Mr President? The Double American IPA from Tesco/BrewDog was the first IIPA I ever tried (probably around 4/5 years ago). My eyes near popped out of my head when I tasted it.

Back