Hello from wherever i happen to be!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevic

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for the add.

Sorry about the vagueness of my location but i live on a narrow boat so i have NFA though i am originally from the Rochdale area.

When i was land based i did have a little dabble with home brewing with varying degrees of success and failure. Back then i was brewing with grain were as now it will be with kits due to space etc.

I have got my first brew under way, Wilkos Hoppy Copper Bitter at �£8, as an experiment to see how it goes although a couple of thing concern me slightly.

Firstly the temperature in the boat is up and down enormously, today for example between 17 to almost 30. Secondly the boat does a bit of bouncing about even when moored, passing boats, wind, walking about on board etc, so am thinking the beer may not settle or clear properly. Not much i can do about either of these things but just wondering what you good folks think about my chances of brewing decent beer given these conditions.

Welcome

Looks like brewing on a canal looks like its going to present some real challenges....

You will want to find a way to stabilse the temps

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

I am sure we have another member who lives on a boat so with luck you should get an answer soon.

Latest posts

Back