Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on 5 gallon yes.
The original recipe is a 5 gallon batch I believe?
Dave

Three Polish shops later and tracked down strawberry lowicz. Plenty of other interesting ones seems strawberry one is the hardest to find.
Pectolase and cider yeast being picked up tomorrow so all being well will be on tomorrow night.
Guessing the required sugar is in the syrup hence none needed to be added?
I know time is key but how long roughly in the fv generally?
Then is it bottle's or pressure barrel?

Once again thanks in advance.

Well been to Wilkos today. No yeast in stock and seems apart from finding a lhbs no others stock it.
Is there any supermarket yeasts that can be used?

Ebay has come to the rescue just wanted to get in in tonight being the big kid I am ha.
Fast deliver Thursday or Friday so look like having to wait till then.

Well finally have all gear and a couple of hours spare tonight so going to have a go at this.
Fingers crossed please.

Dave

Well got mine in tonight after rounding up required gear and a spare hour between bottling the cerveza. Tasted good when mixed so off to brew cupboard to be left alone to do its magic now.

Well it's getting towards bottling time. Will be batch priming in bottling bucket so is it just the remaining lowitz to prime or will sugar be required also.

Just use the lowitz, work out how much to add using the label, grams of sugar per ml of lowitz.

Reading previous posts think I recall 85g per 100ml of sugar in the lowitz and have around 340 ml left I believe.
Dave

Well all bottled and crated up so will be left couple of weeks now in a warm place then see how it looks from there.
Little sip tasted good. Lime really coming through.

hey guys I've just started this brew yesterday and it's off to an ok start bubbling every couple minutes starting grav was 1.038 but I was wondering should there be a slight eggy smell to the glasses being produced also I did a kit cider by bulldog of the same kind and it had a very eggy smell and ended up being off when I went to bottle it am I doing something wrong or Is this normal I am planning to leave it until it drops to a 2 day steady gravity as the last one I think I may have left a little long

What temperature are you fermenting at? I find mine likes around 19C. Currently, the air temperature here is 25-27, so too warm (in my experience)

currently sitting between 20/22° the eggy smell is not as strong today I did open the FV this morning and I didnt get a big woft of egg so I'm thinking the worst may be over

in future should I be diluting it a bit more with water to or adding something to give the yeast a bit of support ?

I do add a few litres of water, but that's to reduce the final ABV. I use Youngs cider yeast and haven't had any problems. If the smell is going, I wouldn't worry about it

I do add a few litres of water, but that's to reduce the final ABV. I use Youngs cider yeast and haven't had any problems. If the smell is going, I wouldn't worry about it

after all the ingredients in the original recipe I think I was about 19 or 20 ltr and I topped it up to 25lt as per the recipe with water bringing grav down to 1.038 and to top it up in bulk a bit

I used the cider yeast with sweetner that toddy suggested in the original recipe

Latest posts

Back