Buffalo induction hob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just bought me a second hand 3KW one off eBay for 50 quid just need a pot now and brew bag to go all grain.hope gerryjo confirms his new SS pot is magnetic as that looks the dogs for induction brewing

Just bought me a second hand 3KW one off eBay for 50 quid just need a pot now and brew bag to go all grain.hope gerryjo confirms his new SS pot is magnetic as that looks the dogs for induction brewing

What size pot will you be brewing with the hob?
It looks such a nice and simple set up.

I just bought one as well, paid a bit more but was delivered and serviced. I have a cheap brupaks pot, 30l but has no tap so been looking at the SS 56l pot. Only heated some water up on it so far but was extremely fast. Almost double the power of my ace boiler.

I just bought one as well, paid a bit more but was delivered and serviced. I have a cheap brupaks pot, 30l but has no tap so been looking at the SS 56l pot. Only heated some water up on it so far but was extremely fast. Almost double the power of my ace boiler.

I was told in a homebrew shop that I would really struggle with a 30l pot on an induction. so went for a 5.5kw gas which is good but a bit of a pain in the ass with storage and gas running out at 10 mins:doh:

What size pot will you be brewing with the hob?
It looks such a nice and simple set up.

http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=387
looking at this and have had an email back off them to say its fine with an induction hob and its 35CM Dia so should be good on the ceramic plate that measures 33 by 43
next up im gonna get me either a ss bucket or an SS Colander for doing the mash,dont think im gonna go with a bag

I was told in a homebrew shop that I would really struggle with a 30l pot on an induction. so went for a 5.5kw gas which is good but a bit of a pain in the ass with storage and gas running out at 10 mins:doh:
well there are videos on you tube with them coping ok with a 5 gallon one and I think its crucial you don't have too much pot overhang on the ceramic plate

yours a 3KW Hob?

well there are videos on you tube with them coping ok with a 5 gallon one
Probably because the guy sold stoves and not induction hobs.
He also told me that BIAB is rubbish and I should buy his £350 all grain starter kit.
I didn't buy anything from his shop and will not go back...

Mine is a 3kw CR08. I have read threads where the guy was boiling 50l using one of these. Was to the max but still worked.
Funny enough my pot would barely work on my kitchen hob but is fine on the Buffalo. The Malt Miller pot looks like it has good handles which mine does not have. Handy to have a spare pot though for when i do no chill.

Mine is a 3kw CR08. I have read threads where the guy was boiling 50l using one of these. Was to the max but still worked.
Funny enough my pot would barely work on my kitchen hob but is fine on the Buffalo. The Malt Miller pot looks like it has good handles which mine does not have. Handy to have a spare pot though for when i do no chill.
can you tell me the size of the ceramic glass on yours please beercat and your pot diameter please as I may have an issue with the one I have purchased off ebay

No problem mate. The top of it measures 37cm x 33cm and my pot is 36cm x 36cm.

024.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

Latest posts

Back