Bri's fermentation thingy WIP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right! I've tried the gumtree and every time I tell I want it...then they come up with ohhhh! Sorry it been sold in the shop!! Hmmmmm!!
Wtf is the point of going in Bum-tree and wanting it just to get the wrong answer! Rant over!
So two shops...hope there's some luck.
Just for a tall fridge specially..and as I said maybe a small fridge solely for lager..
Full report TBC..hopefully pics to follow...
If not might buy a brand new that one of the lads put on the other thread about £200..hmmm!
Free adds! Well how. Many kind people want to help? Could you deliver? I can't...no sorry! Ha ha!
Mind it my luck n buying a new one and somebody says "ohhh! Fred down the street has one for sale, cheap and can deliver it!"

So happens my pal that's my 'Helper' from the Army days is going to see blokes that run charity shops n see what he gets..ha ha! Arthur Daley I call him!
Mind it same time I want my drive way flag stones done..so He's onto it aswell...
All good!
If the lass get back to about the tall fridge all well n done...be just a small fridge for lager...or a tall one...not shy! Never can nuff fridges! :-)

Still at it!!
But slow tbh!
Next week I'm hoping to go for a break abroad...so but hopefully get word with the fridges.
As you'll see in my other thread I'm going back corni kegs so this ties up nicely with the fridge thread.
Once o get back it all hand on deck! (One hand on deck I should say! Lol)
Apart from forking out for the corni and co2 might it started..
Catch ya later

Back again once again!
Sounds like a song!
Anyways...
Managed to go into the town & I found one small fridge (£30)

And a taller fridge

Delivery on weds afternoon..
67 beaver pelts...can't be bad...I hope!!
Can't wait ta get them and start on them!!
Think the taller fridge first?
the small fridge is going to keep the corni in for chilling...
What you think???
Going to be lager first!
So unless I I'm not doing other beers the tall fridge be ideal..
But in time if I get both lager and beer I'll need seperate ferm fridges.
If you know what I'm meaning??
Could I mod the small one aswell with the under heating platform and inkbird set up! Than take the platform out if needed to store the corni keg n tank for chilling?
Over to yous!! You'll see the obvious way to do things...
Anyways I've got a spare greenhouse heater and inkbird...can't get nuff spares lol
Any help so far I'll appreciate it..

Crikey you don't muck about. ...I've secured a fridge but my garage is like ground zero and I've just had a mishap in the car....front spring bust. ..blew out the tyre and seized piston so got both sides to get sorted..probably caused by potholes or the endless amount of speed bumps round here..."luckily" I was only doing 20 when it happened..

Cheers

Clint

Crikey you don't muck about. ...I've secured a fridge but my garage is like ground zero and I've just had a mishap in the car....front spring bust. ..blew out the tyre and seized piston so got both sides to get sorted..probably caused by potholes or the endless amount of speed bumps round here..."luckily" I was only doing 20 when it happened..

Cheers

Clint

Thx Clint
Not good with the motor..and lucky you were doing 20mph..
I don't know what I'd do if my car conked out!! Not as if I can nowt about lol
Well so far I've got:
1. Tall fridge
2. Small fridge
3. Two inkbirds
4. Two greenhouse heaters.
Looking fwd to getting started tbh lol

Mornin all
I've been thinking!!! (OMG!!)
Looking at the dimple shelfs...could I slowly drill holes for the heat to Rise?? Could it attect the strength of the shelf? Ibvoulsy not do a lot of holes..
It would save me doing a wooden type shelf..

Thoughts guys n girls?
Countersink with tape..and slowly drill....hmmmm!
It's going to be ok for the lower sleft..but if I can get a upper FV in I'll have to sort one out for it!
Colin suggested for now house brick witch I have to raise above the small heater...
But yous would best to remmemend what to do!!
As u know I'm open for a help I can get lol..
Thx for viewing.

Hi Bri,
The door boxes should be snap-in, so they should be simple to remove.
The main shelf slots look to be about 1/2 inch. Could you get some 1/2 inch plywood cut to size to slide into one of the slots?
Remember, I'm happy to come to you to help with your mod, if you need it.
PS if your fridges are not switched on, keep the doors ajar so that air can circulate.
Colin

Hi Bri,
The door boxes should be snap-in, so they should be simple to remove.
The main shelf slots look to be about 1/2 inch. Could you get some 1/2 inch plywood cut to size to slide into one of the slots?
Remember, I'm happy to come to you to help with your mod, if you need it.
PS if your fridges are not switched on, keep the doors ajar so that air can circulate.
Colin

Thx Colin
I really apreciate it.
I'll measure the shelves when it gets to me, and put in on the thread!
Then I'll look about getting plywood cut...
Reckon two shelves for the tall fringe and one for the small one??
No probs drilling n stuff..my work mate and loads of clamps should do it!!
Can't wait pal..
Cu in the morning pal

Morning HB'ers!
Couldn't sleep! Lol
Like waiting for Xmas morning!! Ha!ha!
Simple minds n all that!
I love the mornings..takes some time for my battered brain to function lol
But all the thinking whilst I going to sleep and then when I wake up it make a fresh look at things..
Specially reading any remarks/tips yous have posted...getting the info to get into my brain.
The logical thinking is getting better..
The speech theropy was impressed but wasn't when I said my hobby is home brewing! But calmed down when I said I don't drink the Ale!! Only a tester!! Ha ha!
Been 2 years of hard slog but I'm getting there...
The mobility is ok-ish lol my communication is getting better! Must of coz I tried a bottle of stout last nite! And it was to me awesome!
The pop from the glotsch bottle was signs the priming worked.
The poring was great! A good head!! Bubbles..the smell not yeasty..milky just like guiness...thinking less sugar! It's sweet! (A 1/4 tea spoon might be the way ahead...hmmm! That's a comment from the 'priming sugar' thread that was a bit of a debate!!)
Right armed with new thinking...it all starts with the fridges being delivered this safter..
Looking fwd to getting advice from the members and from myself actually actioning the tasks..
As always pics makes a exiting WIP..or I think anyways..
I'm exited tbh!!

Reet!!
Here we go!
Something to get ya teeth into!!
The small fridge will be done later...

But now I'm concentrating on the tall fridge.
Got the thingy out off the door and the shelf taken out..
The bottom shelf doesn't need to be measured for thickness coz it just sit on it...unlike the upper shelf is about 15mm thick!

These are my two options I think off..
Brewbucket and two dj'

Or

So!
Coz I need to get the heater lead in I'm thinking putting it through the drain plug! (Not nuff room to this and the inkbird temp gauge...unless I drill the drain plug bigger!)

The back side

The temp gauge can go in through the door! The rubber seam doesn't restrict it...
Then I can mount the icebird in the side further up so I can see the temp when go into the room...
Thinking a self tapper? Obvouly taking a one handed pic is hard!!!

Any thought so far lads n lasses?
This is befor I nip to whickes about the plywood...
I'll wait to get confirmation on the heater before I do the plug...
Both options will use blow off tubes..
Any help I'd appreciate it...but I'm doing one task at the time...due to my unable brain to compute too much info at once!! You know me my now lol :-)
After thought if I can sort the big fridge then the small one should be a doddle!!!! So I think!!!
Thx for viewing...I hope you enjoying my ramblings on!! Lol

I have a fridge like your small one. I can fit 2 DJ with a 25l FV at a push. I just drilled the drain hole a wee bit I think a 10mm drill bit. Hope this helps Bri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those glass shelves safe with at least 25 Kilo sat on them?

I use the cup thing off an old blender with an old bung to prop up my shelf to help spread the weight. Excuse the mess I had a bit of a brewsplosion. :lol:
beffc13da089c932b5020c5f45ed1787.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back